How do I Help Out With The Development Of The Game?

Octofish77

For maps you only need to start working on them, polish them then create a thread with your map name containing a screenshot of the map and a short description in the post body and the pmp and xml file as an attachment. If you need help with triggers you can ask in that post or on IRC #0ad-dev.

For modding it's up to you :).

• 5 weeks later...

I think bug fixes would change the overall experience of working with the map editor. I recently tried my hand at building a small cit in the editor and when ever starting to type anything into the search-bar I would get double of the letter i typed (Ex: house; hhoouussee) From here back space would not work so I had to select one letter at a time and delete it.

I found having the constructions and buildings mixed in with the Units on the map editor also very frustrating. I hope I am speaking for more than just myself when I say, some sort of organizational system to help guide users to find exactly what they are looking for would be much appreciated!

This goes for nature as well, I would personally like to see nature as a completely different panel! Totally separate the two. 

Another tool I did not understand; and please absolutely correct me if I am at all wrong, was the landscape brush strength tool. It did not seem to change what It did at 4% to 80%. I was hoping this tool I could use to really blend biomes together and make some really exciting fields. 

An off the wall Idea I had was a horizon terraform view map editor. This would look much like a flat photoshop "Curves" panel. As you manipulate the curves on this panel you would see the horizon elevation change with the curves. I think this would be great to create base set ups for a more interesting and realistic map. Change the horizon on a radial dial to get different angles for the map. 

Side note I found some bugs in the game performance and petra bot..but unsure where to actually mention those (horses getting stuck in walls...siege getting trapped in gates)

• Like 1

Just now, Ideaguy said:

I think bug fixes would change the overall experience of working with the map editor. I recently tried my hand at building a small cit in the editor and when ever starting to type anything into the search-bar I would get double of the letter i typed (Ex: house; hhoouussee) From here back space would not work so I had to select one letter at a time and delete it.

I have the exact same problem. I need to use an external text editor and copy past whatever I'm looking for. Every time. 

1 hour ago, Ideaguy said:

This is indeed annoying. I do not have a mac, so I wouldn't be able to reproduce but this is still waiting for a fix https://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/2846

I found having the constructions and buildings mixed in with the Units on the map editor also very frustrating. I hope I am speaking for more than just myself when I say, some sort of organizational system to help guide users to find exactly what they are looking for would be much appreciated!

This goes for nature as well, I would personally like to see nature as a completely different panel! Totally separate the two. 

That is also planned and would be https://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/1972

Another tool I did not understand; and please absolutely correct me if I am at all wrong, was the landscape brush strength tool. It did not seem to change what It did at 4% to 80%. I was hoping this tool I could use to really blend biomes together and make some really exciting fields. 

I believe it's currently not used.  There is a shortcut for terrain priority but I can't find it...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I have begun building some maps in my spare time, but I am unfamiliar with how to place spots for players to start as well as how to export the map and share it. Could you lead me in the right direction here? I am working on a couple autumn maps currently.  Also not sure how to set the map preview. 

Screen Shot 2020-01-01 at 5.12.07 PM.png

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ideaguy said:

I have begun building some maps in my spare time, but I am unfamiliar with how to place spots for players to start as well as how to export the map and share it. Could you lead me in the right direction here? I am working on a couple autumn maps currently.  Also not sure how to set the map preview. 

There are some buildings called skirmish  and some units.

11 hours ago, Ideaguy said:

Looking beautiful. @Lion.Kanzen is right that's entities named Skirmish. When playing a game they are turned into whatever the player's civ is.

You can look at other Skirmishes to see how it's done.

Keep the great work @Ideaguy!

• Like 2