New flyers for events

Stan`

The down-left imag eseems to  fall a bit out of tone, since it is dark/foggy, maybe it would help if you switch positions of the two images on the right, or put the down left one on the right, since the background is darker there

EDIT: also the website url, might want a more prominent place

I kinda miss the "History is Yours for the Taking" part... even if you argue that it'd be cheesy nowadays.

The new Britons' image looks depressing compared to the old Celtic one, which is more lively looking.

I find the Ptolemies Image as the most captivating part. I can almost feel the realism... as if it's a snapshot from a movie or something.

• Like 1

@Stan` looks better. You communicate a clear actionable message with the download link.

The Facebook and Twitter logos in the bottom are too much.

Generally, Facebook has a few posts this year, Twitter has a few more. In my opinion they do not tell you more information compared to the website.

Here are some suggestions regarding the texts:

A Free and Open Source Game of Ancient Warfare

Download and play the Game

Play0ad.com/Download

0 A.D. is a free, open source, historical real time strategy game developed by Wildfire Games, a global group of volunteers.

In addition, maybe @Sundiata has some recommendation regarding the texts.

Edited by balduin

14 minutes ago, balduin said:

The Facebook and Twitter logos in the bottom are too much.

I disagree. Most people don't know we are on those platforms. While they might be less popular than a few years back, it's good to showcase our presence there. It was asked multiple times at events. @Sundiata is also working to make those platforms more active.

1. I think the coma gives emphasis to the rest
  2. Doing that would break the reading wouldn't it ?
  3. It might be nicer, I'd like somebody else's opinion as well.

Thanks for the feedback guys !

@Stan`, I think it looks great!

Yes, leave the facebook and twitter links in. Those sites might not be super active right now (I'll try to get a bit more activity going on facebook ;) ), they are still the primary source of information for thousands of fans who aren't active on the forums. 

I'm not sure, but don't you download something "at" a website, and not "on" a website? "Download the game at play0AD.com/download" 

Using some different screenshots you get this:

0ad_flyer_new_suggestion.thumb.jpg.7e6a0233ee27259f8d79b6dc5cf60138.jpg

Not sure if it's better, perhaps an alternate version, or nah? Do with it what you will :P 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sundiata said:

I'm not sure, but don't you download something "at" a website, and not "on" a website? "Download the game at play0AD.com/download" 

I had that discussion earlier, and I believe 'from' would be better actually

3 minutes ago, Sundiata said:

Using some different screenshots you get this:

It's nice, I wanted to avoid too many greek civs :P But I guess I could replace the top right one with the persian screenshot, where is it from ?

@GunChleoc I tried lowercase link it does not look better :/

Just now, Stan` said:

I had that discussion earlier, and I believe 'from' would be better actually

It's nice, I wanted to avoid too many greek civs :P But I guess I could replace the top right one with the persian screenshot, where is it from ?

@GunChleoc I tried lowercase link it does not look better :/

Lower case its better to read more pleasant and easy.

Body must be with a easy to read font. There are many rules in design , but... You guys never take advices.

Rule 2: Use sans serif fonts for headlines and serif fonts for body text. Sans serif fonts have straight lines that are difficult to read which is why they should only be used for large font sizes. Serif fonts contain hooks and curves on the tips of the letters making smaller fonts easier to read.

This applies for many press media like posters and similar.

I'd put the last wildfire logo or the 0 AD logo.
It's like a radio ad the last thing you read, it's the most important thing and what stays in your head.

Because Westerners read in Z form (from left to right). This in english is called Z pattern hierarchy.
It is said that in a poster the same thing happens and advertisers pay more for the lower right corner.

Spoiler

Resultado de imagen para Way to read z design rules

No use more than 3 fonts...

Another. Text is very inconsistent in this last line.

image.png.cae19c4d66b25282669465d6285b8e50.png

Even with logos, look like there more prominent than others.

No same font, no same size.

https://www.interaction-design.org/literature/article/visual-hierarchy-organizing-content-to-follow-natural-eye-movement-patterns

• Like 1

@Lion.Kanzen Would you like to have a go at the flyer ? All I know from design of this kind of stuff is what you told me and posted on the forums. Thank you for that.

You can find the psd here -> 

https://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/art_source/trunk/promotional %26 public relations/print/Poster_A3_297x420mm.psd

It was made by @Pureon

• Like 1