===[COMMITTED]=== Civ: Rome Scutum

Alexandermb

9 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Se ve raras esas alas como separadas las plumas. El del segundo.

Si te refieres al ultimo sep, sin embargo hay varias variantes dependiendo del artista que las colocan separadas, a veces juntas, a veces en otro angulo. Decidí hacer la que me permitiera blender para mantener la curvatura.

Starting with Rectangle Scutum: 

Base shape done:

Has a slightly small gold Rim.

Spoiler

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

My first design to do is this one:

Spoiler

image.png

Later this ones:

Spoiler

0b899485894acb9389e5e4f7d0a1ea89.jpgMW_1101062400_1.jpg

1 minute ago, Stan` said:

Specular support colors :)

Yeah thats what i meant, i just discovered that in the seleucid pikeman_e shield while doing the golden variant.

Thats how i achieved a better specular map and less rubber look on the bronze Helmets/Greaves. Also can be appreciated in the bronze boss of the hastatii and advanced/basic triarii.

20 minutes ago, Alexandermb said:

@Stan` i know theres a material called "objectcolor" but i wonder if it can be applied with parallax? because in some cases maybe the shield should just remain in one color for specific cases like preatorian guard and those things.

No I meant the specular doesnt have to be b&w for the other one I could try to see.

6 hours ago, Sundiata said:

Man, Romans really need a special 4th tier... Imperial Phase... Mmmm... Ok, don't mind me, bye ;) 

Speaking off, since Rome champs are itallic why not gave them marian legionnary as champions and use extraordinarii as another building for mercenaries? Similar with kush nuba camp. Along with any other itallic allies mercenaries. 

1 hour ago, Alexandermb said:

Speaking off, since Rome champs are itallic why not gave them marian legionnary as champions and use extraordinarii as another building for mercenaries? Similar with kush nuba camp. Along with any other itallic allies mercenaries. 

IIRC, Marian reforms was supposed to be a final phase tech where all citizen-soldiers will be converted into a champion class Marian legionnaire unit and all economic duties would pass on to the female citizens. Time period consistency, since the Polybian army system was replaced by the Marian army system.

21 minutes ago, wackyserious said:

@Stan` is it possible to override the default skirmish units in maps? An idea that I have is to have overrides in some maps where,

You start as a standard faction but with certain unit overrides.

Example: Roman faction with Samnite units override in maps where the override is specified.

I don't think it is. You can edit maps directly though.

• Thanks 1

@Stan` artistically theres nothing to fix? i'll be cleaning the files this weekend to have it commited soon this weekend.

Having updated all the roman shields theres nothing else to do rather than clean the unused variants and remove the empty lines.

Already got the testudo fixed animations with the proper shield placement. (And cleaner animations)

I do not think so. It looks very good. I am still a bit worried about the performance impact though. Texture fragmentation is not really good. (Also a PITA to maintain as you have seen :D) You can go ahead as long as you don't miss any files :D

Would be nice to also do some cleaning of the files. Also, would be nice to check with wow so we can help him update his mod accordingly.

30 minutes ago, Stan` said:

Would be nice to also do some cleaning of the files. Also, would be nice to check with wow so we can help him update his mod accordingly.

Depending of what units he uses, mostly will only need to change shield or add the shield group to the actors. others changes like roman scutum animation variant will be for him to choice.

• Alexandermb changed the title to ===[COMMITTED]=== Civ: Rome Scutum