Economic Idea

Swellick

Have you ever wanted to TRULY raid an oppponent? Here's my latest idea: At a lumber camp, mining camp, dock, or farm viligers would fill up the production limit at that location - say 200 units of whatever that building is designed to do, and then send via automatical random citizen to the nearest colony center, market or town center the 200 units of reasorses. These reasourses do not belong to you until they are at a Market, colony center, or town center. Also, the market, colony center and town center would not be able to directly accept reasourses. For example: If the lumber camp is destoryed while there is say 153 units of wood the destroyers would instantly get the 153 units of wood. Questions?

No - the (still holding to the example) wood is not valid until the villager drops his wood at a lumber camp, and then when the lumber camp 'fills up'(200 units of wood) a villager in the area walks it to the market - only then is the food valid. If the lumbercamp is raided during the fill up time, then the attackers receive the wood. See, this would allow to 'plunder'.

TLA was definitely thinking about this method. It comes in handy for special "Dwarven Treasury" technologies that, for example, increase the amount of resources you can 'store' in reosurce buildings. And some techs provide 'insurance' so that if a resource building gets looted, captured, or destroyed, you still keep a percentage of the resources that otherwise would have either been lost or captured by the enemy.

It's a bit complicated though, like Wijit said, to actually implement into a game, with all the pathfinding issues, etc.

The way I thought about doing it was having a resource building "fill up" and then a computer-controlled 'caravan' of some sort would drive the resources to the civic center building and then the resources would become 'uncaptureable' or 'unlootable'.

This is a good idea, I've always liked it and I think TLA at least should put some more thought into it.

• 4 weeks later...