Hi! (multiple profiles artist)

Hello, AOE fan and seasoned "graphics worker"  here. I am an illustrator, 3D modeler (this includes UV, texturing, characters with correct anatomy, props, buildings, etc), comic author, pixel artist (as in pixel art for mobile games, and also pixel art for UI stuff), UI (not really UX) expertise, web designer (only coding HTML and CSS), worked in several game titles (at 4 game companies, but not big ones), also free mods (back in the day when I had time, lol), and currently freelancing for board (and card) games illustration and design, 3D for miniatures 3D printing (I mean, gigs for that), and eventual oil portraits (some people still like that for a wedding, mascot, and etc...).

The  problem is I have very little time, and can't justify to work in unpaid projects, because my full time freelancing already provides low income, and as part of it goes to help some in desperate need (so, not really can allow myself to dedicate big chunks of time to free contributions). But I could have time after lunch most days (some minutes, but that's a lot in what it can produce....), if is there some possible way to contribute. In the case you have tasks that are not involving too much team coordination, neither require a lot of tech specs. Mostly as those require often more work than making the art (have worked a lot in mods, and in actual games, I know that). IE I've seen the specs for  blender anims, and of course it makes sense, no engine would require less than that (I've seen quite worse) but this help would be more artistic than technical (when I'm into doing those complexities, gotta be paid, and then I do whatever it takes, no matter what).

So, things I might be helpful at... Icons for UI, interested/motivated in large ones... "Maybe" full page illustrations. Maybe UI designs. Largely interested in Blender animations IF someone else could take care about the importing stuff (to the engine) and I could start from already compliant 3D models (ie, having its bones properly named and all stuff, for the game). Specially motivating would be complex animations, as the purpose (the part for my own benefit) here would be to add some animation sample to my portfolio page. I have only animated as a helper guy to the animator of every studio, being a worker covering mostly all the other areas mentioned (and some more...SEO, some scripting, video editing, etc). The other stuff also adds portfolio samples (to my site), but animation is what I'm lacking more of samples.  It's always good to add more big scale illustration work. So, that could be fine, too (due to clients work, I'm used to adhere -and research- to specific historic references).

My experience at companies was 100% with 3DS Max (a bit of Maya), but since many years (v. 2.28c) I've been using Blender for my eventual 3D freelancing. That does not mean I'm a Blender expert, only that it served for my particular freelancing. I'm expert in modeling/texturing in general, anyway. My strongest point is illustration.

Pardon my English, is not my first language.

So, I know is a large IF, and probably no collaboration would be possible. But well, just in case. If ends up as not being possible, I'm a huge fan of RTS games, specially Age Of Empires (Conquerors), so, I guess I'll be just chilling around, anyway.

Attached samples to be removed soon, they have copyright, and rights, so, shall not be used in anything, other than me showing samples (I know about all of the contributions needing to be open sourced, and the thread where I'd have to post that paragraph, in case I'd contribute, before the fact).

Edit: Removed the samples (I believe most team members had already seen them), as I am about to paste that legal waiver in the particular thread, while these samples wouldn't be part of the deal. But yep anything that I'd make from now, for this project. So, heading for that thread.

Edited by Iakobos
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Welcome aboard lakobos enjoy your stay here if any art task catches your fancy just go ahead and do it we are not all that formal here especially with our artists just hardware and engine constraints and our bias for historical accuracy you might consider getting the development version as then the art assets are not all zipped into the public.zip just makes working with them more convenient.

Enjoy the Choice :)  

• Like 1

Oki, all sounds good, people, and no hurries, Stan. :)  . Is mostly about if I can do something for the project, I'm crazy busy as well, but I should be able to do some element (animation, illustration or sth UI, being my personal preference, almost in that order, if there's stuff of that kind to be made, that'd be cool)   with good care and all, that'd be nice.  :)

Edited by Iakobos
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Lion.  :)

I'm trying to keep it not too revealing, but I can (er... confidentially) show my complete portfolio (2D, 3D, illustration, UI, etc) by PM or email to Stan or other permanent collaborators (you seem to be one: I had read quite some stuff here before deciding to post that) . Just don't want to be identified, as this I take it as a hobby and...clients want one to dedicate 200% of the time to the projects (understandably, but everyone has a hobby... even if some minutes a day.. I was/am lacking one...)  

Question: How are so many of us here having Spanish as first language ? Is not that common in general in these kind of projects... Maybe AOE (I was particularly fan of the medieval stuff, I'm afraid) had a very strong influence in Spanish speaking countries in its day, and SEO/Google leads these fans (which we are) here... Another seo/people attracting point could be history....geez, quite some experts here. I've just finished (not the samples posted one, that's fantasy/medieval) a years long paid project which was quite historic references dependent, so, not that the matter scares me.

Edited by Iakobos

14 hours ago, Iakobos said:

Oki, all sounds good, people, and no hurries, Stan. :)  . Is mostly about if I can do something for the project, I'm crazy busy as well, but I should be able to do some element (animation, illustration or sth UI, being my personal preference, almost in that order, if there's stuff of that kind to be made, that'd be cool)   with good care and all, that'd be nice.  :)

0 A.D.'s art team is active but small, undoubtedly more artists are welcome!

If you have some spare time and are up for a challenge, then I could really use a set of weapon icons for my mod, to make it easier to identify units at a single glance. Requirements are CC-BY-SA-4.0, black-and-white, transparent background, svg or png, 128×128 pixels, but should still remain distinguishable when shrunk by the GUI to 16×16, like this:

On 8/22/2019 at 1:55 PM, Nescio said:

Yeah, that's the idea, like this:

147356573_Screenshotfrom2019-08-2213-54-08.thumb.png.2ef2bdd477932bc80fb88bfec7275dac.png

To do it properly I need to have a set of decent weapon icons.

Icons I need:

• melee weapons (orientated from bottom-left to top-right):
    • pike
    • spear
    • true sword (e.g. gladius, xiphos)
    • sabre (e.g. falcata, kopis)
    • axe (e.g. sagaris)
    • mace
  • ranged weapons (orientated from bottom-right to top-left):
    • throwing axe
    • javelin
    • bow
    • crossbow
    • sling
    • staff sling

Elephant icon as an example:

elephant.png.a7f9dc8237dca5ea1421f43a2004db4c.png

41 minutes ago, Nescio said:

0 A.D.'s art team is active but small, undoubtedly more artists are welcome!

If you have some spare time and are up for a challenge, then I could really use a set of weapon icons for my mod, to make it easier to identify units at a single glance. Requirements are CC-BY-SA-4.0, black-and-white, transparent background, svg or png, 128×128 pixels, but should still remain distinguishable when shrunk by the GUI to 16×16, like this:

Icons I need:

• melee weapons (orientated from bottom-left to top-right):
    • pike
    • spear
    • true sword (e.g. gladius, xiphos)
    • sabre (e.g. falcata, kopis)
    • axe (e.g. sagaris)
    • mace
  • ranged weapons (orientated from bottom-right to top-left):
    • throwing axe
    • javelin
    • bow
    • crossbow
    • sling
    • staff sling

Elephant icon as an example:

elephant.png.a7f9dc8237dca5ea1421f43a2004db4c.png

That's mean I'm fired lol.

37 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

That's mean I'm fired lol.

Oops, I apologize. I knew you're working on a kopis portrait (your sketch looked promising), but didn't know you intended to create the full set of weapon icons as well.

[EDIT]: https://wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?/topic/22779-0abc-mod/page/14/&tab=comments#comment-382686

33 minutes ago, Iakobos said:

I'll wait for stan's PM.  :)

Yeah, that's probably wise. Some animals lack animations, I don't know the details, Stan does. And undoubtedly there are many other potential tasks.

Edited by Nescio
link

2 minutes ago, Nescio said:

Oops, I apologize. I knew you're working on a kopis portrait (your sketch looked promising), but didn't know you intended to create the full set of weapon icons as well.

Yeah, that's probably wise. Some animals lack animations, I don't know the details, Stan does. And undoubtedly there are many other potential tasks.

That is better.

Can be  ice ask for many things I suggested. As solve  numerals icons.

4 hours ago, Nescio said:

yup, animation (humans' or animals ones, I'm equally interested) is something I'd really like to do, some of it at least. The animals anims seems like a good idea. But as you say, he'll ping me with whatever the current project needs are, is not like I can take care of a lot, sadly (wish I was 15 again, sigh).

Icons are quite faster to do than anims (mainly as don't have to deal with certain engine specs and getting into all that doc), but I'm strongly motivated for the anims, having a ton of portfolio already about icons, hehe. But I like doing icons, so, whatever is not already in someone else's plate, we can discuss what lil things of it I can take. My very strong preference are 3D animations in Blender.  I've helped the usual main animator (when he/she was sick or sth, lol) of the staff at some places animating in Max's Character studio, and with bones, and then animated characters in Blender a bit for several web flash games in a business with a friend. I know quite about rigging and weights, tho gotta get up to speed with latest Blender's improvements in that area. Second main motivation would be full page illustrations (or smaller) if any of that is needed, yet, or portraits. But if icons are more of the urgent needs, I'd do a bit of that instead. Is quite fun, too. Anyway, seems it's a chilling project,  not over stressed, so, through time other tasks might go getting done, of different nature, who knows.

So...icons are black and white, not colored, or that it needs both versions ? Not at prob in any case. Also, the 128x128...I typically work in raster (not vectors, tho all my logos are done in vectors, of course. But for icons, I mean) . And it depends, but I usually get better results in doing a 128x128 that scales to 64 by software but then the 24x24, 32 and 16 I'd typically pixel-art make them by hand for optimal results. Now, the engine might be only allowing to load a single 128x128 to be scaled to all sizes. That's perfectly fine, one does design it so once scaled to 16x16 it doesn't look too terrible  ;) . I only say this as I don't mind doing an extra pair of versions for each if it's allowed. Anyway, this is only to clarify a bit those tech matters... as if icons tasks (which are fun for me, too) are already taken and/or there are animation/illustration tasks to be done, I'd prefer those, quite. Anyway, seems stan carries an account of all needed, and is managing the art works, so, he'll know.

BTW, can't dedicate time to a full match, but played some minutes the game (I'm afraid not the dev version) for a first time (only had seen a ton of screenshots), and it seems fun, for an (kinda ex) AOE 2  player :)

Lion, the ref pic and icons' style comment are indeed very useful. I'd make game screen caps anyway, and would open other icons to see in detail how are they made,  to ensure all goes design-coherent.

Edited by Iakobos

About animation.... the specs are a bit complex (as in any game modding...), https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/AnimationExportTutorial     I got a bit lost in the xml generation part....I thought you'd have some standard skeleton (even for animals) with the right (for the engine code) bone naming, scale, position... But oki, a matter to study. Or doing other tasks not involving an xml, hehe (or just provide the animated blend files....). EDIT: Wait... Is it just replicating the armature hierarchy in an XML file without minding about the particular bone naming (so, whatever can go except a "." dot ?), neither the bone count, or etc? Just a "dump" ?

Also, I'm reading you are baking (this for modeling/texturing, not animation, as I know the baking of frames are necessary, and that's not a prob)  AO and normal maps.. at the size it is seen in the max zoom, is not enough just to hand paint (I recon is my preference) the textures ? Tho I can see the advantage of using a spec or metallic map for metals if there's dynamic lighting.

EDIT: Forgot to ask...is it fine to use Blender 2.8 ?

Edited by Iakobos
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Iakobos said:

So...icons are black and white, not colored, or that it needs both versions ? Not at prob in any case. Also, the 128x128...I typically work in raster (not vectors, tho all my logos are done in vectors, of course. But for icons, I mean) . And it depends, but I usually get better results in doing a 128x128 that scales to 64 by software but then the 24x24, 32 and 16 I'd typically pixel-art make them by hand for optimal results. Now, the engine might be only allowing to load a single 128x128 to be scaled to all sizes. That's perfectly fine, one does design it so once scaled to 16x16 it doesn't look too terrible  ;) . I only say this as I don't mind doing an extra pair of versions for each if it's allowed. Anyway, this is only to clarify a bit those tech matters... as if icons tasks (which are fun for me, too) are already taken and/or there are animation/illustration tasks to be done, I'd prefer those, quite. Anyway, seems stan carries an account of all needed, and is managing the art works, so, he'll know.

Raster graphics are perfectly fine! Stan or someone else from the art team definitely knows more; my knowledge is limited to what is loaded by the session GUI files:

Entity icons (portraits) are typically 256×256 or 128×128 pngs with coloured backgrounds; they're shrunk by the GUI to various sizes, from 128×128 (tooltip window) to about 32×32 (selection panel).

GUI icons (icons) are typically 64×64 pngs with transparent backgrounds (with exceptions); they're resized by the GUI as well, some as large as 64x64, others as small as 16×16; many tend to be displayed on top of other things, e.g. ranks:

Spoiler

245040842_Screenshotfrom2019-08-2611-25-57.thumb.png.75d80c7e533be2625e4c3e9bcbf307ee.png

(with gui.scale = 2.0)

E.g. this is a nice technology portrait, but re-using it for an aura or rank icon gives a poor result. After a bit of experimenting in my mod, I came to the conclusion that in order to be visible both when displayed above the health bar (terrains are typically bright) and on a quadrant of unit portraits (which have a dark background), it's best if the weapon icons I requested would have a black border and white interior.

11 hours ago, Iakobos said:

@Alexandermb

Hello @Iakobos

First of all let me welcome you to the forums and let me thank you for your interest. Before I begin with what you can do there are a few things I need to clarify first. Some of those maybe obvious, but it is important things are clear before you go on (And I hope you will).

• All new artists start as external contributors (understand without the possibility to commit art to the repository) . Then after a certain amount of contribution a consensus among the current team artists and the expression of the will to join us, the contributor gets an invitation
  • All external contributions (especially animation) must come with ALL the source files (.blend, .psd, .max, .maya...) (So do internal contributions, but that's another topic)
  • All artists should sign the legal waiver
  • See also Art Dev. Task tracking

Now that I'm done with this, I will actually answer you with the best of my abilities. Notice the post is quite long which is why it took me so long to answer (It wasn't possible to do it on a phone)

The  problem is I have very little time, and can't justify to work in unpaid projects, because my full time freelancing already provides low income, and as part of it goes to help some in desperate need (so, not really can allow myself to dedicate big chunks of time to free contributions). But I could have time after lunch most days (some minutes, but that's a lot in what it can produce....), if is there some possible way to contribute. In the case you have tasks that are not involving too much team coordination, neither require a lot of tech specs. Mostly as those require often more work than making the art (have worked a lot in mods, and in actual games, I know that).

We also have limited time, so this won't definitely be a problem. Having regularity is nice but is by no means a requirement. 

Artistic only contributions are fine, as we don't have funds for art anyway. However I'd appreciate it if you could point out flaws in our documents when/if you find some. 

On 8/24/2019 at 7:28 PM, Iakobos said:

So, I know is a large IF, and probably no collaboration would be possible. But well, just in case. If ends up as not being possible, I'm a huge fan of RTS games, specially Age Of Empires (Conquerors), so, I guess I'll be just chilling around, anyway.

Collaboration is definitely possible, artists willing to work for open source projects definitely do not come out of the sky.

On 8/25/2019 at 5:58 PM, Iakobos said:

I'm trying to keep it not too revealing, but I can (er... confidentially) show my complete portfolio (2D, 3D, illustration, UI, etc) by PM or email to Stan or other permanent collaborators (you seem to be one: I had read quite some stuff here before deciding to post that) . Just don't want to be identified, as this I take it as a hobby and...clients want one to dedicate 200% of the time to the projects (understandably, but everyone has a hobby... even if some minutes a day.. I was/am lacking one...)  

We do value people's privacy.  So I won't reveal anything you told me unless you want me to. I understand your concerns about working for free and the issue that would arise for customer you charge for it.

Hence if that's okay with you we will only use your username in the game credits, or none at all depending on how you want to be credited.

As for the portfolio itself I cannot say much as I am not as seasoned artist  as you are, other than  you should be able to help :)

On 8/24/2019 at 7:28 PM, Iakobos said:

So, things I might be helpful at... Icons for UI, interested/motivated in large ones... "Maybe" full page illustrations. Maybe UI designs. Largely interested in Blender animations IF someone else could take care about the importing stuff (to the engine) and I could start from already compliant 3D models (ie, having its bones properly named and all stuff, for the game). Specially motivating would be complex animations, as the purpose (the part for my own benefit) here would be to add some animation sample to my portfolio page. I have only animated as a helper guy to the animator of every studio, being a worker covering mostly all the other areas mentioned (and some more...SEO, some scripting, video editing, etc). The other stuff also adds portfolio samples (to my site), but animation is what I'm lacking more of samples.  It's always good to add more big scale illustration work. So, that could be fine, too (due to clients work, I'm used to adhere -and research- to specific historic references).

My experience at companies was 100% with 3DS Max (a bit of Maya), but since many years (v. 2.28c) I've been using Blender for my eventual 3D freelancing. That does not mean I'm a Blender expert, only that it served for my particular freelancing. I'm expert in modeling/texturing in general, anyway. My strongest point is illustration.

19 hours ago, Iakobos said:

yup, animation (humans' or animals ones, I'm equally interested) is something I'd really like to do, some of it at least. The animals anims seems like a good idea. But as you say, he'll ping me with whatever the current project needs are, is not like I can take care of a lot, sadly (wish I was 15 again, sigh).

Icons are quite faster to do than anims (mainly as don't have to deal with certain engine specs and getting into all that doc), but I'm strongly motivated for the anims, having a ton of portfolio already about icons, hehe. But I like doing icons, so, whatever is not already in someone else's plate, we can discuss what lil things of it I can take. My very strong preference are 3D animations in Blender.  I've helped the usual main animator (when he/she was sick or sth, lol) of the staff at some places animating in Max's Character studio, and with bones, and then animated characters in Blender a bit for several web flash games in a business with a friend. I know quite about rigging and weights, tho gotta get up to speed with latest Blender's improvements in that area. Second main motivation would be full page illustrations (or smaller) if any of that is needed, yet, or portraits. But if icons are more of the urgent needs, I'd do a bit of that instead. Is quite fun, too. Anyway, seems it's a chilling project,  not over stressed, so, through time other tasks might go getting done, of different nature, who knows.

So...icons are black and white, not colored, or that it needs both versions ? Not at prob in any case. Also, the 128x128...I typically work in raster (not vectors, tho all my logos are done in vectors, of course. But for icons, I mean) . And it depends, but I usually get better results in doing a 128x128 that scales to 64 by software but then the 24x24, 32 and 16 I'd typically pixel-art make them by hand for optimal results. Now, the engine might be only allowing to load a single 128x128 to be scaled to all sizes. That's perfectly fine, one does design it so once scaled to 16x16 it doesn't look too terrible  ;) . I only say this as I don't mind doing an extra pair of versions for each if it's allowed. Anyway, this is only to clarify a bit those tech matters... as if icons tasks (which are fun for me, too) are already taken and/or there are animation/illustration tasks to be done, I'd prefer those, quite.

Okay so as I linked a bit earlier in this post all the current tasks are (or should be in this post) Here are a list of things you might be interested in

1. Icons
    • For icons it would seem the only thing we currently need is a "back to work" icon https://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/4019 (Mileage for mods may vary) That being said if you feel like improving some of the existing icons feel free to go ahead.
    • Icon size vary, rasterized image are for the art source (for the future only) the game only uses png.
  2. Illustrations
    • For illustrations the main thing that would be nice to have are some new main menu backgrounds to complete the missing factions (eg the celtic factions) I will give you more information on how it's done if you are interested
    • Another type of thing we need are hero portraits (see the "Portraits" section of the art dev task thread)
    • If you have some time you can look at this
  3. Modelling
    • If you are up to the task you can finish the gate of all nations
    • We also need more sizes of rubble for destroyed buildings.
  4. Animation (Plenty of work there)
    • Animal list (not exhaustive). All those animals need to be either made, textured, or animated.

Yes of course. Most of us are using it now. 

Also, I'm reading you are baking (this for modeling/texturing, not animation, as I know the baking of frames are necessary, and that's not a prob)  AO and normal maps.. at the size it is seen in the max zoom, is not enough just to hand paint (I recon is my preference) the textures ? Tho I can see the advantage of using a spec or metallic map for metals if there's dynamic lighting.

You might no be aware of it but we use a NON-PBR workflow (Diffuse, Spec, Normal) and we use texture atlases to reduce the number of texture needed. All the buildings from a given civilization use the same texture. Hence why ambient occlusion is baked separately. Some of the objects have only a diffuse, some have more. Some use object color where you specify a color that will be multiplied using the alpha channel. Some have alpha transparency, the rest use player color (where the alpha channel is replaced by the color of the player owning the entity) Normal maps are DirectX height is in the alpha channel to generate a parallax effect. The engine is OpenGL though.

About animation.... the specs are a bit complex (as in any game modding...), https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/AnimationExportTutorial     I got a bit lost in the xml generation part....I thought you'd have some standard skeleton (even for animals) with the right (for the engine code) bone naming, scale, position... But oki, a matter to study. Or doing other tasks not involving an xml, hehe (or just provide the animated blend files....). EDIT: Wait... Is it just replicating the armature hierarchy in an XML file without minding about the particular bone naming (so, whatever can go except a "." dot ?), neither the bone count, or etc? Just a "dump" ?

Don't worry we will guide you through this :) I wrote a script that will basically make it really easy for you, (if you know how to copy files in a folder and run a python script)  https://github.com/StanleySweet/0AD-Skeleton-Generator

Some of the animated objects reuse armatures, but you can't do that for let's say a hen an a human.

Anyway, seems stan carries an account of all needed, and is managing the art works, so, he'll know.

Well @LordGood is the leader of the art dpt, I just happen to be the messenger...

• Like 1

Oki, have read all the new information, from all of you, quite complete, thanks a lot.  :)

Yet though, I've had a long and difficult day with a client, I will process all the data better and in detail tomorrow. But I can already see that several tasks grab powerfully my attention (illustrations, portraits, animation, icons and animals (be it modeling, texturing or animation)). It will go depending on time available and all that, like for everyone. 

(PD: for the commitment I can realistically compromise, I'd see myself more of a probable "eternal external" contributor  ;) )

About the rules, yep, they seem reasonable, anything to contribute here must have its full sources, and with the rights and licenses, no probs. :)

But I will process and reply all better tomorrow (or the reply the day after tomorrow, depending on this one person from today, and another client)

Valete,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Iakobos said:

Oki, have read all the new information, from all of you, quite complete, thanks a lot.  :)

Yet though, I've had a long and difficult day with a client, I will process all the data better and in detail tomorrow. But I can already see that several tasks grab powerfully my attention (illustrations, portraits, animation, icons and animals (be it modeling, texturing or animation)). It will go depending on time available and all that, like for everyone. 

(PD: for the commitment I can realistically compromise, I'd see myself more of a probable "eternal external" contributor  ;) )

About the rules, yep, they seem reasonable, anything to contribute here must have its full sources, and with the rights and licenses, no probs. :)

But I will process and reply all better tomorrow (or the reply the day after tomorrow, depending on this one person from today, and another client)

Valete,

We need animating animals and make biomes. That is very a demand.

I can take the icons but you can be a great support  to me.

Alexander can take some units textures. And animations.

Wacky can take textures in meshes specially units.

Stan is  multitask guy but isnt icon or drawing guy.

Lordgood can take buildings , Fauna.

Sundiata is good digitalizing draws or makinf digital draws.(is more faster than me.

Rossi take some our last portrits recently.

Enrique can work with all. But he is better at 3D.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

2 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

We need animating animals and make biomes. That is very a demand.

I can take the icons but you can be a great support  to me.

Alexander can take some units textures. And animations.

Wacky can take textures in meshes specially units.

Stan is  multitask guy but isnt icon or drawing guy.

Lordgood can take buildings , Fauna.

Sundiata is good digitalizing draws or makinf digital draws.(is more faster than me.

Rossi take some our last portrits recently.

Enrique can work with all. But he is better at 3D.

Don't let that list take tasks away from you though just do what you like :)

As in other free and open source projects, the approach is very much bottom-up: people work whenever they have time and motivation on whatever they like. The officially listed tasks and tickets are to keep track of things that are needed in the long run; there is no rush, 0 A.D. has been in development for over a decade and is unlikely to be declared “finished” anytime soon. Moreover, if you stumble upon something else that is not listed but you believe you can improve, don't hesitate to go ahead; if others (the team) agree it's indeed an improvement, it can get committed.

Aha, it's good that there's a lot to do (in a way, lol), as then almost anything will add up, and there's variety. Yep, I'll check the lists, and will pick anything that is pending. Most surely something illustration/animation related, or even some modeling of meshes that absolutely no one has in their even longer term roadmaps. Also, it seems (to me) that in the team and external contributors, there's quite some 3D people (and knowing well the engine pipeline), anyway, I probably will give it also a try, and see if I'm actually helpful there...

Perhaps there's less illustrators ? I might start with something of that field (maybe), which also has surely less probability o having to ask for help/time from another member (simpler pipeline). In any case, I will double check that whatever it is (illustration, 3d, anims, icons...) is not something that exist in the plans of any contributor, not even in their thoughts, so to speak. I'll probably just ask in that thread or something, before going for a first task... that can be the easiest, safest and fastest.

Yesterday though, two clients "attacked me" (er, in a good way, they need installments finished) each by one flank, lol. I mean, I have suddenly a ton of work, that's why I'm lowering the words count in this thread, yesterday and today (sorry) :). Anyway, love your chilling style for it, makes the contribution more realistic and possible (and fun).

I have a question....  I did not understand (or I think I didn't) the following :

digitalizing draws or makinf digital draws.

It could mean two or 3 things, I got a bit lost there, all your other explanations are very clear.