Heroes mixing

abc1

8 minutes ago, abc1 said:

getting tired here, only poeple here with no clue and absurd theories laying them down as if they are facts.

Please I ask someone who knows

Well mate, if you don't trust the actual developers of the game I'm afraid there isn't much we can do.

• Like 1

@Stan`

Perhaps bonuses should just be separately added (rather than multiplied) to avoid confusion and make the arithmetic easier. The order of the bonus wouldn't matter if they were all added to a combined bonus before being applied.

[edit]

Then again, I usually just ignore the harder to calculate bonuses like diminishing return farms. :P

Edited by WhiteTreePaladin
  • Like 1

Bonuses are currently applied thusly:

[base] * [proportional bonus] + [absolute bonus]

Both +20% and +15% are proportional bonuses, so (at the point where a unit enters the overlap in the radius' of both auras, and assuming no other auras in effect) they are multiplied together to get a total +38% bonus, which is then cached. The caching allows the final calculation to be as above - which is relatively quick to calculate - rather than having to iterate through every aura active on the map, determine if they're in range, whether they should apply, etc... all several times a second.

When a unit moves out of the radius of one of the auras, the cached proportional bonus is divided by the proportional bonus of the aura no longer in effect, and the result replaces the old cached value.

Absolute bonuses work similarly, except they are added to (and subtracted from) one another, with the result cached: only recalculated when a unit passes in or out of another applicable aura. You might use an absolute bonus to add a given bonus regardless of the base stat (e.g. +5 resource carry capacity).

• Like 2

u must be a very bad programmer.  Thats not how it works. Maybe u looked into the codes but u didnt code them.

Its the same wiht wonders 1 wonder base pop +10%, U get another wonder u get the same amount, the bonus doesnt multiply wiht the already increased amount.

300 pop + 1 wonder = 350, 

+ another wonder =400 and so on. 

Thats how bonus add up. 

As Stan' points out, the wonder population aura provides an absolute bonus (+10, increasing to +50 with the research of "Glorious Expansion"), not a proportional one.

It it really added a +10% bonus, then one wonder would raise the population limit to 330 (or 370 after researching "Glorious Expansion").

Thus, it is proven empirically.

• Like 1

I have some related questions, just taking advantage of the attention on the topic about those computations...

For example, consider a Kushites citizen soldiers, with a normal gathering rate for metal of 0,5.

If I bring this unit close to a pyramid which gives +15%, the statistic displayed indicates 0,6 instead of 0,575, the same for a woman.

• First question: What is the effective rate at which metal is then gathered 0,6 or 0,575 ?

The same works with a woman (bonus of +15% too), the unit gathering rate displayed becomes 0,6.

Where I get puzzled is when I put a women + a pyramid nearby and the gathering rate remains at 0,6 instead of cumulating the two bonuses (1,15*1,15=1,3225 which should give a gathering rate of exactly 0,66125 or 15%+15%=30% should give a gathering rate of 0,65).

• Second question: Why isn't there any cumulative effect of having a woman+a pyramid around? Is there a rule to round statistics ? 

If I do now the first metal upgrade (+15%), then the gathering rate is 0,6 by default and get to 0,7 when I bring the unit close to a pyramid or to a woman. But having pyramid+women is useless again (no cumulative effect).

If I do the second (+15% again), it gets to 0,7 by default and increase by 0,1 with a woman or a pyramid but the two doesn't cumulate again.

If I do the last upgrade (+50%), it gets to 1, near a pyramid or near a woman, it gets to 1,1 and with 1 pyramid+1 woman, it gets to 1,3.

I did the same for wood:

By default: 0,8, with a woman: 0.8, with a pyramid 0,9, with both pyramid+woman: 0,9

• Third question: Maybe with an answer on how numbers are rounded, it would be easier to understand but I have trouble trying to find the formula behind each case easily...

After the first wood upgrade (+15%): 0.9, with a woman:  0.9, with a pyramid 1, with both pyramid+woman: 1,1

After the second wood upgrade (+15%): 1, with a woman:  1.1, with a pyramid 1.1, with both pyramid+woman: 1.3

After the third wood upgrade (+50%): 1.5, with a woman:  1.6, with a pyramid 1.7, with both pyramid+woman: 1.9

• Last question: meh?
Edited by faction02

27 minutes ago, faction02 said:

I have some related questions, just taking advantage of the attention on the topic about those computations...

For example, consider a Kushites citizen soldiers, with a normal gathering rate for metal of 0,5.

If I bring this unit close to a pyramid which gives +15%, the statistic displayed indicates 0,6 instead of 0,575, the same for a woman.

• First question: What is the effective rate at which metal is then gathered 0,6 or 0,575 ?

The same works with a woman (bonus of +15% too), the unit gathering rate displayed becomes 0,6.

Where I get puzzled is when I put a women + a pyramid nearby and the gathering rate remains at 0,6 instead of cumulating the two bonuses (1,15*1,15=1,3225 which should give a gathering rate of exactly 0,66125 or 15%+15%=30% should give a gathering rate of 0,65).

All the significative numbers are not shown in tooltip, it rounds up to .1 so if you want to do your test, first you can look at the real base values in the game files (because they are rounded up too) and the other solution is to do the cheat "gift from the gods" in your tests which will have the effect to multiply the gather rate and will thus show more significative numbers (useful if you want to test bonus stacking i suppose)

• Like 1

When people try to contribute for the answer - "Speculations! Get me a dev to answer!"

When an actual dev answers - "You're wrong! I don't believe you."

I guess that's your unwillingness to admit that you're wrong and can't listen.

Anyway, computations ARE difficult since the % bonuses are a mix up of absolutes and proportional. If I were to suggest, I'd lean towards making those bonuses compute for the base stat... but I also like wow's suggestion of displaying the computed bonus rather than making the player guess by computation.