Sign in to follow this  
Dunedan

plautus quitting rated 1vs1

Also quite funny from lobby chat afterwards:

[15:55:03] <Dunedan> plautus: I'm going to report you for leaving a rated game.

[15:57:56] <plautus> guys join DEAHTMATHC
[15:58:03] <plautus> im the invincible plautus

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ethanray94 said:

well yeah...i would do the same thing :p no need to keep playing and lose. 

Yeah I'm not suprised. Many bad players do that, lol.

• Like 1

@borg-  This happens on literally any game you play. People do it all the time. if you know your going to lose halfway through the game..you quit so you don't waste time. This isn't something that needs proof. Literally, every single game ever created this happens. This shouldn't be "breaking" rules. It's what people do and it's to be expected. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, ethanray94 said:

nah im not ashamed...its just why waste more time getting whooped lol, 

Then resign ;) It's not that people don't want to play ranked matches to the bitter end that's the issue, it's when people quit them (which does suggest that, either willingly or by mistake, they don't want the loss to affect their score).

• Like 3

Just now, ethanray94 said:

@feneur That is literally what we have been talking about. Quitting and resigning is the same thing. Did you ready any of this thread??? lol 

Nope.

• Like 1

Yes, Yes it is. You get ranked points regardless if they "quit" or "resign". You can argue all you want. Maybe this game is different, but any other rts it's not. 

Just now, ethanray94 said:

Yes, Yes it is. You get ranked points regardless if they "quit" or "resign". You can argue all you want. Maybe this game is different, but any other rts it's not. 

"any other" you are right in that case.

1 minute ago, ethanray94 said:

Maybe this game is different, but any other rts it's not. 

I have to admit that I personally haven't tested it, but as far as I know and have understood it from others there is a difference. If you thought there wasn't, fine, one can't know everything, but to strongly suggest that others are wrong when you don't know for sure... Maybe worth slowing down a few seconds and think about the fact that you might be wrong, will make these conversations a lot nicer both for you and everyone else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I understand the guy has attitude but it doesn’t help and continue to torment players with reports and ban just because of these rules violations. 

The winning players action/intention here to post is imo to just pick on the guy. This has been an issue for a very long time. If the issue can’t be fixed yet imo it is better to let it go and not put more fire.

The multiplayer rated game must be automatically safeguarded to assure that players get or lose points regardless of the outcome when the game ends. A sudden game interruption and can’t continue to be played must just tally the score, then winner or loser is declared, if doable. If not then so be it, play another game after game and just have fun. 

When player/s plays a multiplayer rated game, they should understand that there are so many risks on doing so because the game or the systems or the processes is not effective or efficient of not perfect. Players can leave the game, internet or pc is messed up, or players have bad attitude etc. 

Things can happen on team games too but what can you do? Let it go and have another game and just have fun however it is!  

The game needs more players and no matter what they do, the game is being helped to develop into a better one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

trueeee that! Shoot the rules is like a reading a bible, and I promise you EVERYONE has broken them. If everyone got reported no one would be playing this. If quitting isn't the same as resigning, welp that needs to be fixed ASAP. Cause and it should mess with the players ranks. I promise you I will quit some time for who knows what. If I would get reported HA. 

• Sad 1