Glory of Alexander

glory_of_alexander_concept.thumb.jpg.7ce2e6c1119c411e6c61a56c58ae82cf.jpg

Who would be interested in a new mod based solely around Alexander the Great? Gameplay-wise, my idea would be to use Delenda Est as a base, but then disable civs and maps that aren't relevant. I'd create a series of scenarios where the player plays as Alexander and his Macedonians as they rise to power and conquer Asia. Key historical characters can even make an appearance, such as Hephaistion, Parmenion, Craterus, Cleitus, et al. There can be two mods, even. Glory of Alexander follows his rise and conquests, while Legacy of Alexander focuses on the Diadochi, or "Successor", factions.

Glory of Alexander

Scenario 1: Chaeronea. Young Alexander and his father Philip face the Athenians and Thebans. Both Alexander and Philip must survive and all members of the enemy Sacred Band must be eliminated.

Scenario 2: Philip has been murdered and Alexander takes his place as king. Thebes takes this chance to revolt against Macedonian rule. Besiege the town of Thebes and make an example out of them.

etc etc

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I think the only way to make this work would be to work with some of you other modders to implement battalions. There will need to be some scenarios where they are just large battles and battalions will be needed. *

*If the core game implemented battalions there could be a "Pitched Battles" game mode on battle field maps. 

• Like 3

Also, for art, I think I'll need some help from modelers. For instance, I think there should be 2 different Macedonian factions used in the scenarios: one for building settlements, etc.basically  modded standard Macedonians civ; and another one representing the Army on the march. This custom Macedonian Army faction would have no territory effects, Alexander's tent for the "civic center", a "General's Tent" for training Parmenion, Hephaistion, et al., some cavalry corrals (like the Xiongnu ones in Terra Magna), Soldiers' Tents, etc. and would be used a lot in the more combat-focused scenarios. 

• Like 2

When was the last time the dev team merged something from DE? lol. Call it something else.

(I for one really like this way of doing stuff)

-----------------

Shouldn't this just be a campaign like in the AoE series with n scenarios?

Edited by Guest

40 minutes ago, (-_-) said:

When was the last time the dev team merged something from DE? lol. Call it something else.

(I for one really like this way of doing stuff)

-----------------

Icons for this alpha. (portraits)

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2019 at 11:45 AM, (-_-) said:

This could just be a "campaign" for the core game, but there's no one on the team to make such a decision as far as we know.

EDIT: But really, all the game needs is ONE campaign and the code to support it. That will allow modders and players to make their own campaigns, which can become their own mod.io downloads. All the core team needs to do is decide which campaign they want to do.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2019 at 12:58 AM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

This could just be a "campaign" for the core game, but there's no one on the team to make such a decision as far as we know.

EDIT: But really, all the game needs is ONE campaign and the code to support it. That will allow modders and players to make their own campaigns, which can become their own mod.io downloads. All the core team needs to do is decide which campaign they want to do.

I don't know if first there should be a better trigger support, more win and defeat conditions, and a way to adapt the AI to the scenarios