Right click on MAC not working

jack P

On 7/16/2019 at 9:58 AM, jack P said:

So I've just downloaded the game, it looks great, but I am unable to carry out any tasks at control + clicked does not register as a right click on the game.

Any help? 

Hi, you need to enable "Emulate right-click with Ctrl+Click on Mac mice" in your configuration file.

This option isn't exposed in the game options UI (yet). So, you have to edit the config file, I recommend this:

• Open Terminal (Spotlight > Terminal), run this command:
  • nano ~/Library/Application\ Support/0ad/config/user.cfg
  • At the end of the file, add this on a separate line:
  • macmouse = true
  • Save with Control+O, Return
  • Exit with Control+X

The reason for this option is that the behavior isn't desirable for all users (notably those who have a two button mouse). I'll make a note of this, we should have the option in the UI for macOS users. EDIT: ticket for the issue: #5523

You can find out more about settings and config files here.

• Like 1

Addendum: I was reminded that Control is also used for game session hotkeys. So those need to be re-assigned if you use this option. Super key is one recommended alternative.

See HotKeys and default.cfg

You would want to copy any of the relevant hotkey lines in default.cfg to user.cfg (as described above) and save the file, before starting the game.

• Like 1

I remember there was a config file that macOS users had and shared among themselves back in the day. You might try reaching out to them, either here, in the lobby, or on IRC #0ad-dev. Same with AZERTY keyboards and probably others.

I wouldn't be averse to including several default hotkey configurations for different systems (in fact, it was always my goal to have "hotkey sets", for different keyboard layouts and such which could ideally be switched via in-game menus).

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 7/20/2019 at 1:15 PM, historic_bruno said:

Addendum: I was reminded that Control is also used for game session hotkeys. So those need to be re-assigned if you use this option. Super key is one recommended alternative.

See HotKeys and default.cfg

You would want to copy any of the relevant hotkey lines in default.cfg to user.cfg (as described above) and save the file, before starting the game.

I don't see any of the hotkeys that register as right click, or as tasks for the workers, such as gathering wood or mining.