Survival [A23 only]

Silier

Hi its me again :)

(As you know I have been working at battalion mod. It is sad to said but I might to break something I cannot fix now and have no idea what and at what point I broke it. Anyway here we are.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

git: https://github.com/SlavomirSlovenkai/Survival

basic overview: https://github.com/SlavomirSlovenkai/Survival/blob/master/Research.xlsx

Basics:

Every living entity (sure, there are some exceptions) consumes some kind of food.

If it cannot consume, hp is lowered. If can consume, will be healed.

It does not have to eat from every type of food (visible in tooltip), just one. (Cavalry is exception as grain is must for horse).

No formations

No promotion

No healing by healers and temples

No expand of territory with phase or other bonuses

Low resource capacity for units

Soldiers gets experiences (except champions)

4 Types of soldiers (Light, Medium, Heavy, Champion)

Attack and Armour:

Dealing of damage is directional

Shield size defines how much damage unit blocks from front

Friendly fire for all units

Attacks consume energy, if unit is low on energy, will fight terrible

Soldiers can be trained to get experiences in barracks, ranges by garrisoning inside.

Citizens:

can build any type of building

work unit

limited per house and cc

pays you coins

Slaves :

can be bought from civic centre

cannot attack (even slaughter)

cannot place foundations

are limited per citizen

does not have to eat

Soldiers:

limited per barracks

Cavalry:

limited per stables

Ranged:

limited ammo (will refill after all used)

Mercenaries:

do not eat

hire them with coins

need to pay them else they turn to gaia

Rams:

cannot destroy by attack

provides radius of protection from arrows

need to be garrisoned to be able to attack

can be captured

Healer -> Priest:

Provides auras for faster work and better fighting (based on priest category)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------FUN PART BEGINS-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Research points:

You need them for most of the research.

You can get them by collection resources (repeated action) , training some units first time, building some buildings first time and so on.

Feed your pigs:

If you do not slaughter pig and you will feed it, it will grow over time and will provide additional resources. When will be ready to slaughter, small meat icon appears over it. (need to hover or select)

Berries:

If you collect all berries, they will grow back after some time ( so it is not good to collect all bushes at once else your workers will be idle and do not collect automatically when they regrow)

Fields:

Fields starts with growing session and applies for them the same as for berries.

You can shorter regrowing time and you can double resources you get from them with research.

Metal and Stone:

Techs for these resources have been merged.

You can research Shaft mining and after you exhaust mines and quarries (the 50k ones) there will spawn additional resource.

Wagons:

You can research and construct wagon with horse. Then you specify resource with upgrade (can change any time for free).

Units will drop resources into it and when full, wagon goes to dropsite and then back to last position.

Trade and Barter:

Too many resources so that is moved to dialog window ( just in case you wonder why market is empty )

Damage is deadly

Mainly from ranged attacks and animals

AnimalAI

Collective behaviour based on https://trac.wildfiregames.com/attachment/ticket/1724/collectiveBehavior-v4.diff

Enlarged vision for wolfs

Animals will run when they are going to attack

UnitAI

Collective behaviour for passive units to flee

Animations and Art

Horse update from a24

Units will hold tools their are going to use

Combat / relax animation variants for soldiers

Ranged units will not display ammo when they have none

Ranged units will hold daggers when no ammo or only melee allowed

Displaying real attack range of buildings even when in preview

Buildings

Grouped by category

Will take resources only if actually build (Queue stalled message if not enough resources)

Will give resources back when demolished

Fortress

Territory root

Trees 

Lowers vision and walkspeed

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------IMPORTANT NOTES---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only Athenians

AI broken -> so none

Every victory condition has survival script (you loose if you have 0 citizens)

Maps

Some maps might give errors when you try to play

I left them so you can play multiplayer.

SURVIVAL SCENARIO

I have created single player Scenario map with scripted enemy to attack in waves.

Cool thing it is actually player not gaia so victory condition applies

Your can stop attacks if you manage to destroy its fortress. ( Has one )

Then to win you need to kill citizens of that player.

(They are in city and countryside. Some are  garrisoned inside CCs, because currently has no active defence reaction.) 

// Side note: Took me 3h to finish that map (to win)

Have fun, enjoy report.

screenshot0010.png

screenshot0011.png

screenshot0013.png

screenshot0014.png

screenshot0015.png

screenshot0016.png

screenshot0017.png

screenshot0020.png

screenshot0021.png

screenshot0022.png

screenshot0023.png

screenshot0024.png

screenshot0025.png

screenshot0026.png

screenshot0027.png

screenshot0028.png

screenshot0029.png

screenshot0030.png

screenshot0031.png

Edited by Angen
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 5

2 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Okay, first match all my units starved to death. lmao

What map?

Get market as fast as possible.

Coins are best to buy food ( meat ).

Second thing you need to get fast are fields for grain so you can train animals for food.

:) 

• Thanks 1

There needs to be in the tooltips the fact that units consume resources. Apparently it;'s not done with a negative resource trickle, else that would show up in the tooltips. :) 

When I attacked a sheep with my male citizens, all the male citizens ran away? Why was that? May I suggest that you combine Citizen and Slave genders like Delenda Est does? Or maybe you want this to be extra slow and more city builder-y. In which case, I think the gender roles should be more stark and more clearly defined, if you know what I mean. Else, it would be better to combine the male and female citizens into one citizen template and the male and female slaves into one slave template. 

I like the building tabs! But since you have pages of buildings with the tabs, you don't need the UI icons to be so small in the UI. :) Also, suggestion: Civic - Economic - Military - Defense, maybe in that order and named thusly.

I'll make more comments if you deem these helpful. (y) 

• Like 2

Bug with fleeing was fixed. Thank you.

12 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Can you make the tabs persistent? Meaning that the UI remembers which tab was open for that unit/building? 

Sure it is my todo, if I manage to find out how.

17 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Also, suggestion: Civic - Economic - Military - Defense, maybe in that order and named thusly.

Taken in mind.

17 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

May I suggest that you combine Citizen and Slave genders like Delenda Est does? Or maybe you want this to be extra slow and more city builder-y. In which case, I think the gender roles should be more stark and more clearly defined, if you know what I mean.

I plan that one cannot train more units at once than has couples of female + male but might be complicated to do :)  There are some gathering rate differences now. Anyway it is just preference of player.

• Like 1

It sounds very promising!

Some errors:

Spoiler

ERROR: The trainer units of "athen" have more production icons than can be supported by the current GUI layout

ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "art/textures/skins/gaia/temperate_cliff_a_spec.png"

ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "art/textures/skins/gaia/temperate_cliff_a.png"

ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "art/textures/skins/gaia/ao/large_stone_rock_a_ao.png"

ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "art/textures/skins/gaia/temp_stone_b.png"

ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "art/textures/skins/gaia/temp_stone.png"

ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "art/textures/skins/gaia/temperate_cliff_a_norm.png"

ERROR: Failed to load AI scripts for module petra

ERROR: File 'simulation/ai/petra/data.json' does not exist

ERROR: Failed to create AI player: can't find simulation/ai/petra/data.json

ERROR: Failed to create AI player: can't find simulation/ai/petra/data.json

Only Athens? No AI?

Furthermore, your session GUI seems a bit inconvenient (especially the minimap):

Spoiler

1473270230_Screenshotfrom2019-07-1422-38-52.thumb.png.d97d2d2320ffb3ec634ad3f3f27d1598.png

Things are rather blue-ish, but I suppose that's a matter of taste.

49 minutes ago, Angen said:

There are some (maybe a lot) not needed files I will clean later.

The mod seems quite large (zip is 486.8 MB, extracted 782.8 MB, git clone 1.3 GB).

1 hour ago, Angen said:

Attacks consume energy, if unit is low on energy, will fight terrible

Fatigue sounds great! How does your energy work exactly?

For ranged :

if has lower than 20 percent spread for attack is 30 percent larger if has 0 energy, spread is 50 percent larger

For melee:

Chance to miss target is 30 or 50 percent higher than normally

Need to find way to display resources, what is with minimap? 

its has too many files but yet has to add some missing textures

Easier and faster for new fearures to have one civ to mod. 

No ai, I need to rewrite it completle for economic part. Thats why I added scenario. 

• Like 2

UPDATE:

Upgradable CC through phases

walkable market

Able to spawn fences around houses (using upgrades)

No pop cap, only max cap

resource water

well - houses inside radius of well trickle water (something like automatic collection)

Citizens

cc -> house

Slaves

cc -> market

Not champion soldiers are again considered as Citizens class (easier phasing)

Fortress/Cc

Can train _b type of units (not all)

Slaves now react to bells

NEW WAY OF TRAINING UNITS

Only way how to get soldier, you need to garrison Citizen man inside barracks/range/stables/cc/fortress and then you can

train him into the soldier

• Like 4