a different tournament system

Hello,

the main problem with classical tournament system is that some good players can be disqualified in firsts rounds if they have to challenge other good players.

Here below,  I made a little picture of a different tournament system which works pretty simply and give a full stable ranking of players.

1° Display players (here, 8 for example) randomly

2° For each Round and for each color, 2 players have to fight

3° The winner will go in the upper color, and the loser in the downer color

4° Repeat Rounds until the ranking seems to stabilize (can create a stat for that) or after  an arbitrary number of rounds (but at least 4 rounds if 8 players)

---> Final - 1

5°  For the final, in each color, the winner will occupy the first place

rank.png.c979fceb6711c2322bb72bdb70bb9833.png

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2019 at 7:03 AM, Boudica said:

Plot twist: The rating doesn't stabilize.

Maybe the  "Plot twist" Boudica is talking about, is the one in which Revon or Aqua would finally climb up to the first place after smashing Feld. While Emperior and Wendy will never stop switch each other the last place.  Right ?

Since after the opening post there was no meaningful addition and half of the posts where reported I'm closing this topic.

If you continue to fill the forum with non useful posts like this, @JC (naval supremacist), I think it's best for the forum and the community to ban you.

For I'm quite sure you're capable of that, think about if a comment you wrote is helping anyone. If not, don't post it.

EDIT: And @borg-, I really think you shouldn't fuel the fires.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• FeXoR locked this topic