Sign in to follow this  
Anaxandridas ho Skandiates

Alexandrian inscription font

ath.jpg.16eb74fa5c940d4f401dfdb194a5189f.jpg

The idea of these plaques is very good and inscriptions and engraved text of all kind is very realistic, however of course it is impossible that these medieval letters or even modern capitals should be used in the game.

I have received no response to my offer to give the Hellenstic / Alexandrian font I painstakingly researched and roughly constructed for the game, from 1000s of inscriptions and papyrus images studied.

I therefore did the first step of cleaning it up myself, find below SVG files. If someone can streamline them in an editor programme, we can submit it and I will license as required for use in the game?

I do not have skills to do any finer cleanup/streamlining or unite into a font file. Please send a PM if you want to help with this last step or know someone who would like to help?

(If you think the idea sucks, or that I am an idiot, or both, then please be kind enough to abstain from wasting forum space trashing me, or the contribution, or both. Thank you.)

Edited by Anaxandridas ho Skandiates
  • Like 1

FONT.thumb.png.0a308ab334f6af9e93c5adc8efb62914.png

Please find the SVG files I created below - some might need a bit of additional cleanup or adjustment, would be super grateful for help:

a.svg b.svg c.svg d.svg e.svg f.svg g.svg h.svg i.svg j.svg k.svg l.svg m.svg n.svg o.svg p.svg q.svg r.svg s.svg t.svg v.svg w.svg x.svg y.svg

P.S.: a.svg and x.svg contain the correct glyphs, but 'X' is in a.svg - and 'A' is in x.svg. Sorry.

Edited by Anaxandridas ho Skandiates
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Anaxandridas ho Skandiates said:

I have received no response to my offer to give the Hellenstic / Alexandrian font I painstakingly researched and roughly constructed for the game, from 1000s of inscriptions and papyrus images studied.

I for one would like to see such a font, but I am not a typographer (lol), and not many people here are.