Assassin's Creed: Odyssey & Titan Quest -- Art Inspiration Thread

5 hours ago, Anaxandridas ho Skandiates said:

Apart from the shipsheds they all get a big fat :crash:  as far as I am concerned.

Aesthetically and historically there is so much trash going on in those designs, welcome to Hollywood. (or Bollywood?)

The Greeks would laugh themselves to death if they saw that this is how we imagined their lives and world. So much effort went into this, so many hours and so much money to create the "feel" of Hellas, and it was all completely wasted. What a heap of trash, what an insult to ancient architects, all proportions botched, elements botched, colours botched, statues botched, and so much lousy research.

It looks "cool" and would make a great Disneyland section. 0 A.D. may not look as fancy to you, but for me it is already aesthetically infinitely more beautiful and closer to a "real feel".

Hope you all have fun playing the game though, I jumped through a playthrough at 2x speed. A few model were nice, but 95% trash. It is like the Alexander film epic.

Jesus...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10% doesn’t matter in AAA game development. These things have millions of dollars invested. The earlier the returns on investment are, the better. The marginal cost of 100% accuracy may very well exceed the marginal revenue too.

Triple-A development has a rather high rate of dev burnout. So called "Rockstar" devs. Ironically, Rockstar Games studios is pretty notorious for treating their devs like slaves.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/6/27/18761120/video-games-crunch-developers-unionize-mike-morhaime-comments-blizzard-world-of-warcraft.

Crunch,” shorthand for long stretches where salaried developers work well more than 40-hour weeks, has taken on mainstream importance lately as designers and programmers share their experiences with large-scale, blockbuster games. Their tales are often filled with burnout, managerial dysfunction and product failure.

Unfortunately more and more greed, also look at all entertainment, especially mainstream. All a lot of money with little effort or investment.

The more than 40-hour weeks and burnout is something fans of the series can influence the most. If they would protest, the game studios will probably change something.

I just hope, people working on 0 A.D. have a more enjoyable experience. I mean they are volunteers and can stop contributing, but still.

• Like 1