more than 512 tiles

maps/scenarios/_default.xml

That is the "base" map that opens in Atlas. You can edit it easily using Notepad++. 

Line 4 is:

<Terrain patches="16" texture="desert_sand_ripples" priority="0" height="2048"/>

Patches is what you want to play with. I forget what a "patch" represents (perhaps 10 or 16 tiles?), but that is the number you want to edit.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ismaeltato said:

Hi, even if I made the changes and created a new map if I gave the previous size, is there another step I should consider? Thank you

patches=" 128 " works and creates a very very large map. If set to 256, then Atlas refuses to load. See if 128 works for you.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

On 6/27/2019 at 8:41 PM, ismaeltato said:

Hello, I currently have very robust equipment I would like to create maps greater than 512 tiles, example tiles 10240, this is possible, someone can give me references or guide, thanks

Welcome look at this thread, also 

page 6, 4rth comment from top by elexis should be helpful.

Could you have a look at the log file that was generated by that try @2048 tiles remember to copy it right after the crash before you run pyrogenesis.exe again as it will over write the log file I have feeling it was trying to allocate the needed memory and then crashed with not enough memory.

Enjoy the Choice :) 

A 93 MB RMS runtime can't even allocate such a large heightgrid alone.

Lets say that the runtime is extended to the whole 4 GB. As you can see, it is still not enough.

Jebel Berkal has 40 tileclasses. (Yes, I like to use that map as a baseline for all things mapgen). That's 420MB * 40. Something like 16GB. And that's tileclasses alone. A certain other project lowers that by a factor of 16. 512 tiles consume something like 4MB. 1024 takes 16ish MB. It follows the trend.

Memory allocation itself is a nightmare for blocks that big.

Edited by Guest