How to contribute a new map?

• 6 months later...

@crazy_Baboon I added it to the Community Maps mod, is that okay?

Also, when I tried to play there was a problem with some tree templates (not generating). For example:

flora_tree_banyan

flora_tree_mangrove

date_palm_fruit

flora_tree_bamboo

flora_tree_bamboo_single

If someone knows if those have been replaced by new template names, let me know so I can just replace in the XML file.

43 minutes ago, coworotel said:

@crazy_Baboon I added it to the Community Maps mod, is that okay?

Also, when I tried to play there was a problem with some tree templates (not generating). For example:

flora_tree_banyan

flora_tree_mangrove

date_palm_fruit

flora_tree_bamboo

flora_tree_bamboo_single

If someone knows if those have been replaced by new template names, let me know so I can just replace in the XML file

A24 flora

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It's indeed better to throw some screenshots here on the forum so people can easily see what it looks like and give feedback about it. Also, (bit obvious maybe) the screenshots you upload should showcase the quality of your work so put some effort in them ;) (similar to what LordGood did in this topic: )

• 4 weeks later...

This is a tropical naval map consisting of mainland Vietnam, Laos, Malaisia, Camboja together with Indonisia. All players start in large jungle islands with only wood as a primitive resource. To get metal and stone, the players need to go out in the sea and find these resources elsewhere. But beware of the animal beasts scattered all over these rich areas...

South_East_Asia.thumb.png.f35e7158631c81ac7a19e5b6c20d4b6c.png

Screenshot_from_2019-06-10_19-45-51.thumb.png.ced11b7ff7bbc4bb23e9099059b972ab.png

Screenshot_from_2019-06-10_20-20-46.thumb.png.043c6fbc079d1cbf353836bd5308fec6.png

If I remember well,. this is a giant map that can take up to 6 players. Despite the abundant vegetation, it runs smoothly on an old desktop from 2011.

Also, If I remember, i adapted it from the Blue Marble NASA map series and its based on the ALPHA 24 version of 0ad (that is currently under development).

Let me know what you think! :)

Edited by crazy_Baboon
  • Like 6

20 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Will be necessary or kind add more biomes. Map around of world.

This map only makes sense as it is really: tropical Indonesia and temperate china - 2 biomes in a single map.

The idea of having something like "desert Indonesia" does not appeal to me.

Of course, the license of the map allows you to add whatever biomes you like!

However, I am interested to do more regions of the world (with different biomes).

Edited by crazy_Baboon
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/10/2019 at 4:14 PM, Stan` said:

Hey @crazy_Baboon well first it would be nice to have some screenshots :) Then if it's good you will need to sign the art legal waiver :) before we can do anything with it.

Hi @Stan',

Do you think the maps are good enough for inclusion in Alpha 24?

If not, I am open to suggestions.

In addition to south east Asia, I also have the Afrika Australis one.

Maps & Screenshots available at:

https://gitlab.com/CrazyBaboon/0ad_maps/-/tree/master/

Thanks!

Edited by crazy_Baboon

2 hours ago, Stan` said:

I am afraid we can't use NASA heightmaps as they could be copyrighted if they used SRTM to get them, see https://code.wildfiregames.com/D957

The maps look good,  but maybe you could try to add more grass texture variations? Also that's a lot of crocodiles :D

@Stan`, The link you sent me states that the Mediterranean and the Red sea maps (that use SRTM and are included in A23) were given updated licenses in binaries/data/mods/public/maps/random/LICENSE_SRTM.txt.

So i cannot understand why the South East Asia and Afrika Australis can not be included...