Balancing Gauls is Easy.

StopKillingMe

54 minutes ago, Stan` said:

There was a plan to make a more formal report with Sundiata, not sure what happened to that.

There was little response from the team in addition to one very unhappy response from what I could understand. Considering the lack of interest and the fact that I'm not a team member I don't have much ground to stand on to be writing dev-reports that no one's really excited about. I don't want to sound negative, so forgive me, but it was a bit confusing for me. I was looking forward to the return of dev-reports, but my attempts at reporting didn't seem all that wanted.

I'd still like to at least update the facebook page with regular screenshots of developments in the art department, mod-news and upcomming community events. I was supposed to PM @feneur about that, but the dev-report thing had me scratching my head... Are you still expecting me to update the facebook and/or write dev reports? Please discuss in-team and let me know. I'd still love to do it. I just didn't understand why I had to explain why I was doing something that was literally asked of me. You know?

(PS: just to be clear, I didn't have an issue with correcting and nuancing the report, but that wasn't really crux of the problem. The problem seemed to be the idea of even writing a report in the first place)

Edited by Sundiata
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Sundiata said:

There was little response from the team in addition to one very unhappy response from what I could understand. Considering the lack of interest and the fact that I'm not a team member I don't have much ground to stand on to be writing dev-reports that no one's really excited about. I don't want to sound negative, so forgive me, but it was a bit confusing for me. I was looking forward to the return of dev-reports, but my attempts at reporting didn't seem all that wanted.

Thanks for being open about it :)

11 minutes ago, Sundiata said:

I'd still like to at least update the facebook page with regular screenshots of developments in the art department, mod-news and upcomming community events. I was supposed to PM @feneur about that, but the dev-report thing had me scratching my head... Are you still expecting me to update the facebook and/or write dev reports? Please discuss in-team and let me know. I'd still love to do it. I just didn't understand why I had to explain why I was doing something that was literally asked of me. You know?

Can you PM him now  for Facebook ? :) Well I'd like you too, but only if it's a positive experience for you :)

12 minutes ago, Sundiata said:

(PS: just to be clear, I didn't have an issue with correcting and nuancing the report, but that wasn't really crux of the problem. The problem seemed to be the idea of even writing a report in the first place)

I can see where you are coming from.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/6/2019 at 7:49 AM, DarcReaver said:

Compare the gameplay to Starcraft, the amount of tactical and strategical depth, or any other game that currently is played by larger online communities.

Starcraft is more about rushing/Booming and a lot of micromanagement.

At this point it should  be slower with battlalions.

11 hours ago, DarcReaver said:

Nobody needs an AoE clone at this point, especially not one that isn't even halfway as complex/well designed as the original game. The HD edition and soon-to-be-released DE editions on Steam are more than enough to please the audience of AoE type games.

is very bad representatiion of this timeframe, So I never feel a real RTS about Rome. Tell me a single.

I dont care the market at that point. And you are forget Windows exclusivity. Nor Linux or Mac.

Other game can give some contribution is Stronghold crusader 2. The turtling of that game is interesting.

The rest you are right.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 2