Civ: Germans (Cimbri, Suebians, Goths)

5 hours ago, Stan` said:

Can you bake the wood and the hay texture on a 2048x1024 texture ? As well as normal if you have it ?

EDIT: Maybe your new barrels/crate texture as well ?

They hay was the same of the kush nuba camp

Spoiler

suev_struct_01 - copia.pngsuev_struct_01.png

will bake another wood texture, recently with the cheiroballista i've fixed a bug in the normal map wich was baking all the planks as a copy instead of each one has it own normal.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stan` said:

Thanks !! Anything for the stuco ? And barrels ? 

Will commit to the main repo the barrel texture. I was experimenting with some wattle and dab with some damaged texture showing the wicker but its veeeeeery slow and need to keep experimenting with the normal map because right now it just looks like a bunch of noise. This two material mixed is kinda hard to control. intel hd 4000 is awfully slow handling the preview of the procedural texture.

Spoiler

wattle_and_dab.png

On 9/27/2019 at 4:38 PM, Alexandermb said:

Will commit to the main repo the barrel texture. I was experimenting with some wattle and dab with some damaged texture showing the wicker but its veeeeeery slow and need to keep experimenting with the normal map because right now it just looks like a bunch of noise. This two material mixed is kinda hard to control. intel hd 4000 is awfully slow handling the preview of the procedural texture.

Yeah, sounds complicated and needs some work. You could put wicker behind it then generate random holes.

Now with hay roofs.

suebi_dock_02_wip.png

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Obskiuras said:

Any ideas or suggestions for the market?

I think the best looking market in the game is the Spartan market (in DE I use it for the Mace and Athen market too). So anything like that would be my preference: Some kind of small central structure and then a lot of market stalls and such arrayed around it. Unless someone else can supply a good reference instead of course. :) 

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I think the best looking market in the game is the Spartan market (in DE I use it for the Mace and Athen market too). So anything like that would be my preference: Some kind of small central structure and then a lot of market stalls and such arrayed around it. Unless someone else can supply a good reference instead of course. :) 

I had not thought of using the hellenic market as a reference, anyway i already drew it, in a while i upload it and give me your opinion

• Thanks 1

On 10/2/2019 at 5:00 AM, Obskiuras said:

I answer myself: no.

Basically there is little evidence for native helmets and armor among the Germans. Only chainmail is known. But there are evidences for mercenaries and auxiliaries material. Imagine a noble Suebian, where could he get his helmet if he wants one? What are the relationship of the Suebians with Rome?

Edit: for those interested

From the Baltic to the Danube: Early Roman Iron Age Warriors from Hagenow, Mecklenburg, and Their Relations with Barbarian and Roman Worlds.
http://briai.ku.lt/downloads/AB/08/08_058-068_Voss.pdf

Relations between Rome and the German 'Kings' on the Middle Danube in the First to Fourth Centuries A.D
http://www.kroraina.com/varia/pdfs/pitts_Relations between Rome and the German 'Kings' on the Middle Danube in the First to Fourth Centuries.pdf

Edited by Genava55