Civ: Germans (Cimbri, Suebians, Goths)

1 hour ago, Obskiuras said:

Were scales armor common among German nobles? we could use them for heavy swordmen

Sadly, there is absolutely no such thing as common armor for the Suebians. Neither helmets or chainmail were common, even in noble burials. Scale armor are only found in Roman auxiliary tombstone gravure.

For the 3rd century AD, there is a chain mail found in Vimose 

https://en.natmus.dk/historical-knowledge/denmark/prehistoric-period-until-1050-ad/the-early-iron-age/the-weapon-deposit-from-vimose/the-chain-mail-from-vimose/

Edited by Genava55
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Obskiuras said:

Germanic house models. I am open to opinions and criticisms @wowgetoffyourcellphone

img014.thumb.jpg.00b1999b73b9c1e063437d692088e143.jpg

These look great. No criticism.

18 hours ago, Obskiuras said:

30119147_Germaniccivilcenter.thumb.jpg.2e5b22e904db1c02dc56a38f80c2e577.jpg

Looks awesome. Looks kind of like a barracks, but I think for the barracks the "fence" would be a pointy palisade. I think the footpath from the door can be a nice decal. (y) 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Genava55 said:

Sadly, there is absolutely no such thing as common armor for the Suebians. Neither helmets or chainmail were common, even in noble burials. Scale armor are only found in Roman auxiliary tombstone gravure.

For the 3rd century AD, there is a chain mail found in Vimose 

https://en.natmus.dk/historical-knowledge/denmark/prehistoric-period-until-1050-ad/the-early-iron-age/the-weapon-deposit-from-vimose/the-chain-mail-from-vimose/

For Suebians, I think what we can do is the Chief's retainers won't have any armor, but they should have some kind of simple helmet at least. The hero units should definitely have some kind of armor, even if a simple leather corselet. No other units would have armor.

For Goths, we can go back to the incremental increase in armor per rank like the other civs. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

The hero units should definitely have some kind of armor, even if a simple leather corselet. No other units would have armor.

Arminius (*Herminaz?) could have Roman equipment from his past (Arminius is actually Cherusci but I think everybody wants him to be a playable hero, the other possibility is Maroboduus which is more accurate and more interesting). Ariovistus (*Harjafristaz? or a Celtic, Ariouistos?) could have Gallic equipment. Ballomar could wear a 100% Germanic outfit and carrying only Germanic weapons.

Edit: Maroboduus could increase the experience gained by his troops as a reflection of the regular training he ordered. Ariovistus could give a territory extension bonus or a capture bonus as a reflection of his conquest in Gaul and his skills in politics. Ballomar could give a bonus in looting.

Edited by Genava55
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Obskiuras said:

Yo tengo windows 8, cual de debería descargar?

Creo, creo que el de 64 bits luego avisame cuando lo tengas.

Lo que vas  a bajar es un programa que te permite tener el  codigo del juego en desarrollo. Lo que seria el A24 hasta estas fechas.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 1

@wowgetoffyourcellphone I was playing with the suevos in the delenda est and I saw things that I liked and others that I didn't:

Things I did not like:unsure:: The farms are worth 200 of wood which makes economic development very slow and the objective of the 0A.D is to emphasize the military strategy rather than the economic one, the militia units lower the life bar until they die which I don't know if it's a mod error or it's on purpose (please explain it to me).

The things that if I ended up liking:notworthy:: were for example the technologies of the blacksmith and resources since it makes more emphasis on both economic and military strategy, if you want to build an army already thought of before or in certain situations, build the counter army of your opponent, you can do it with the improvements of the blacksmith shop and recruit more easy these units with the improvements of the storehouse.

Edited by Obskiuras