===[TASK]=== Republic Roman Civic Center

Stan`

2 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Whatever you do, please keep the old files, lol. Perhaps in the future the civic center actor phasing can be implemented (or the old files used for an Imperial Rome civ).

the fact i was suggesting keep and  add more Basilica building for eyecandy stuff.

6 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Whatever you do, please keep the old files, lol. Perhaps in the future the civic center actor phasing can be implemented (or the old files used for an Imperial Rome civ).

Well you can keep a copy but I'll move it to old public most probably. The game is getting hug with all the added actors :) Also nothing's really lost you can just revert :P

• Like 1

On 5/18/2019 at 11:36 PM, Lion.Kanzen said:

what about  mix comitium with that? they both are compatible an stairs  and behind  Basilica Semptriona

1GEKxXs.jpg

For a generic civic center, the idea to use the comitium of Paestum is a good one. This is the thing having the more sense, because this comitium is itself "generic".

On 5/28/2019 at 7:38 PM, Stan` said:

I'm afraid the front part will be either too massive or too small...

In Rome, the Basilica is next to the Curia and to the Comitium.
In Cosa, the Comitium and the Curia are closer and are next to the Basilica as well. 
Maybe a possibility to do something with these three buildings.

Other proposition, in Fregellae the building with the Curia seems bigger:

image.png.96287e579d710ac4caf2776cd4a70947.png

Edited by Genava55
  • Like 1

Original concepts

rome_civic_centre_4.jpgMDHafer-RomansCivCentre001.jpg

Romans-CivCentre-V3.jpg

5 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

there are several options. especially with the building in front of the seating tier.

1. see if it fits and add to the square other elements of the Plaza.

2. lengthen the building and fill it with elements of a Roman plaza.

The goal is also to reduce it, I believe the front part is as big as the current CC in the game.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Stan` said:

Well it must fit in a 8x8 foundation.https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/ArtScaleAndProportions

yes. second time you say that. and I know about the scale. I don't said either this will be easy.

@Genava55 we need found more examples and possible decorations(aesthethics, toscan columns.)

@Stan` the second   idea (that you give) its probably the best way... less accurate but fix all problems.  

image.png.1a6b3006de4474dba780b05cb90b6061.png

I had already thought of splitting the seating section in half and attaching it to another structure.

both ideas you use semi seating section as you show.

image.png

not to many seats... isn't a theater. 

26 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Standardization is key to recognizability.

Yes, I fully agree with that, all structures of the same type ought to have the same shape and size, regardless of civilization. However, that's not what I meant; my question is why only squares are acceptable.

Ideally, different structures would have different shapes and sizes. Now have a look the Briton barracks and temple: same size, similar design, require more than a single glance to identify what it is. Or compare elephant stable and centre. Wouldn't it be better to say barracks is 6×6 and centre 8×8, but temple 4×8 and elephant stable 12×4?

Oh I gave the art design document link so that it could be updated. In the end we should have a blocking model for each building like the ones @LordGood did for the range the stable and the workshop.

Typically the corral should be like 4x8 or something like that. I haven't checked so I took the smallest square size. It's by no mean an absolute. 

• Like 1

If there is the necessity to adapt, twist and reinterpret the buildings to suit the square format of 8x8 civic center, why is it really a problem to do the comitium? I give suggestions according to the historical evidences but an artistic interpretation and some liberty in the final model does not bother me.

Here a suggestion to propose solutions and not only problems:

image.thumb.png.216aaefbd89f92124522255adf904ce3.png

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

My problem with the Comitium is that it's ugly and would look weird for a Civic Center. But I'm not the artist, he or she can really do what they want. I think the new Roman barracks needs redone too. 

This is a honest point of view at least. I prefer when people are saying what are bothering them. Thanks.

image.thumb.png.4c8a0356d82bbff211eca1cb8fc07777.png

So the other possibilities are the Basilica Fulvia

Spoiler

B-1-0304_HI_Basilica-Fulvia_Kontext1.jpg

Basilica Sempronia.

Spoiler

B-1-0501_HI_Basilica-Sempronia_Kontext_1

Basilica Opimia

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.66bddb136cf8e213a5377c8f1e1c6550.png

and Basilica Porcia

Spoiler

3-0211_H_Basilica-Porcia_isometrisch.jpg

Edited by Genava55
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

My problem with the Comitium is that it's ugly and would look weird for a Civic Center. But I'm not the artist, he or she can really do what they want. I think the new Roman barracks needs redone too. 

I'm with wow here. Though my argument would also be that the scale will look wrong. One will have either a to small area in the middle too few steps or too tiny ones.

• Like 1