[FIXED] Water Redness

gameboy

1 hour ago, wraitii said:

Did you ever upload that to Phabricator?

Nope :)

21 minutes ago, Angen said:

Now thinking about it I have no idea how D1954 could affect it. Did you test vladislav patch with recent svn? 

I think D1954 shouldn't affect the redness. My patch doesn't solve the whole problem only not rendered blocks (patches).

10 minutes ago, gameboy said:

@Angen I've tested your patch and found red water. The map I used was: the Mediterranean coast, the Thessaly Plain.

When I rotate the camera.

I know my patch alone does not solve it :)

4 minutes ago, vladislavbelov said:

I think D1954 shouldn't affect the redness. My patch doesn't solve the whole problem only not rendered blocks (patches).

I will do more tests to see, can you tell at which situations it did not work? as reported redness in this forum thread is resolved for me with it.  maybe it would be good retest with recent wraitii's changes in shaders

• Like 1

@Angen When I rotated the camera lens and moved it up and down, I found that the sea would overlap. I tested several maritime maps.            BTW: I didn't find red water.

Then I found a splitting line on the surface of the water. The color of the splitting line was very light, but as long as I drew close to the camera lens and moved it back and forth, I could find it.

screenshot0013.png

screenshot0015.png

screenshot0014.jpg

screenshot0016.jpg

screenshot0012.jpg

Edited by gameboy

thank you for report, I found some more edge cases. Looks like most likely some part of texture is not rendered when camera moves and you are close to water level. But then it should be red. Or it is rendered with wrong projection matrix.  This will take some time to figure out and fix. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angen said:

thank you for report, I found some more edge cases. Looks like most likely some part of texture is not rendered when camera moves and you are close to water level. But then it should be red. Or it is rendered with wrong projection matrix.  This will take some time to figure out and fix. 

I'm repeating myself but that looks like the scissoring issue :p . We don't clear the reflection/refraction textures, so here the texture is rendered with the old data, so it's not (necessarily) red.

• Like 2