units stuck between buildings

mawinatore

In every game i have to kill some of my units because they get stuck in between buildings they build themselves. So if u build a house (e.g.) as close to another as u can, they cant pass around it anymore after the building is completed. So u have to demolish the house or kill the unit. I have thought about building walls out of my houses as secondary wall system. is that intended ("legal")?

It would be nice if you leave enough space around buildings´ base areas so that cant happen anymore.

It comes down to the fact that all buildings have what is called an obstruction outline and it is usually just a few pixels larger that the actual building so buildings can be used as walls though it is legal it's not all that effective ;)

Enjoy the Choice :)  

4 hours ago, mawinatore said:

In every game i have to kill some of my units because they get stuck in between buildings they build themselves. So if u build a house (e.g.) as close to another as u can, they cant pass around it anymore after the building is completed. So u have to demolish the house or kill the unit. I have thought about building walls out of my houses as secondary wall system. is that intended ("legal")?

It would be nice if you leave enough space around buildings´ base areas so that cant happen anymore.

You can garrison the citizen in the house to unblock him. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Genava55 said:

(joke)

me: *still triggered*

Spoiler

joke

@mawinatore Just to add it expressive verbis: in other kinds of buildings than houses you can also garrison different (military) units; for convenience set a rally point before releasing the unit(s) so they come out in the right direction. (I know units getting stuck can be annoying as heck, but maybe it'll be better in the next version.)

Alternatively you could show some human compassion and rather sacrifice a building than a soldier, you monster! :P

• Haha 1