In Game Score

matya

I haven't played AoE 2 that much so maybe a screenshot would help. However my answer is probably not gonna change. There is currently no mod that changes the interface to be that of AoE 2 but I'm sure someone with a little patience could do it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Philip the Swaggerless said:

I don't like the idea of having that, too much intel.

Consider that like some gossip spreading around... "Have you seen those dudes over there? I heard they are doing lots of stuff these days man"

Edited by coworotel
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sundiata said:

I think it's obviously a bad idea... You need to scout to assess the strength of your enemies. Seeing live scores makes it so easy to pick off the weaker players, and shouldn't be allowed in MP matches in my opinion. 

turn off , then..option enable and disable or mp ranked disabled.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

There's no guarantee this would happen with 0 ad's implementation. Why would you assume so? 

Well it's gonna tell us something about the opponent.  That's the whole point, isn't it?  It could be less informative.  It could end up being more informative.  I don't understand the desire to have it in a multiplayer game. To simulate the rumors as described by coworotel?

I don't think it's cheating.  It's not cheating if everyone can do it.

But we can see how everyone did with all the nice graphs at the end of the game.   What is desirable about having the enemy score visible during the game?

9 hours ago, Philip the Swaggerless said:

I don't like the idea of having that, too much intel.  In AoE you could tell when your enemy began advancing to the next age just by looking at their score.  Make us scout

If you scout you can tell by (the movement of) the borders anyway. :P

But I agree, it should be optional.

Edited by Gurken Khan
  • Like 2

I'm also against it, it would be very easy to guess a rush due to the temporary eco boost, the exploration score would also make it very random in early game and in general I wouldn't like informations given like that.

5 hours ago, Gurken Khan said:

If you scout you can tell by (the movement of) the borders anyway. :P

This is not exactly what he meant, it is not hidden in AoE2 when the next age is reached (there is a notification), but to start advancing there is hidden. In AoE2 advancing to next age is slower and has more consequences than 0 A.D. so score can spoil it a bit. But next age advancing would not be a problem in 0 A.D anyway.

Edited by Feldfeld