===[COMMITTED]=== Animations

Alexandermb

7 minutes ago, Stan` said:

Well it doesn't seem to work given that comment XD

Isn't it weird for villager to jog ?

He said is feel more realistic now:

1 hour ago, minohaka said:

different probably a perception thing kind of more realistic

Is more weird a villager to Zoom all over the map, Stamina should really be implemented to nerf this kinda of "zoom" infantry, making walk as a proper human. Walking would be the default and toggle run would make infantry drain stamina making skirmisher drain stamina slower than a hoplite or pikeman.

Also is kinda broken compared to the resource gathering thing i've mentioned before, having 100 gathereres skirmishers are way better than 100 hoplites.

• Like 3

@Alexandermb Here are the (hopefully) fixed armatures. I made three blend files are there are three different elephants though the armature is roughly the same. Keep in mind you will need to reexport all the elephant animations just to be safe, and because else that would trigger the same issue than with the unit mesh. Asian elephants should have 63 vertex groups, and the africans should have 61. 

elephants.7z

• Thanks 1

Just now, Stan` said:

@Alexandermb Here are the (hopefully) fixed armatures. I made three blend files are there are three different elephants though the armature is roughly the same. Keep in mind you will need to reexport all the elephant animations just to be safe, and because else that would trigger the same issue than with the unit mesh. Asian elephants should have 63 vertex groups, and the africans should have 61. 

elephants.7z 2.69 MB · 0 downloads

My plan was to make a whole new armature for the elephant following the same animations. While using a more able mesh keeping the UV. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Alexandermb said:

My plan was to make a whole new armature for the elephant following the same animations. While using a more able mesh keeping the UV. Thanks!

Well I wish I had known that before I spent three days fixing those animals... :D At least you'll be able to use them as reference completely :D

14 minutes ago, Stan` said:

Well I wish I had known that before I spent three days fixing those animals... :D At least you'll be able to use them as reference completely :D

Actually looking at the armature its pretty much okay. Just will add constraits for allow movement for keep the blendfile.

Plus add the riders animations in that file just like the horse.

11 minutes ago, Alexandermb said:

We can have now the elephant armature in blender for repository finally.

Great work ! Keep it up. Keep in mind that the three (there is also the non armored asian but it's the same as the other asian) elephants are different :) Namingly because of the ears and the size. There shouldn't be some weird stretching because of that. Also make sure to remove the useless vertex groups :)

2 minutes ago, Stan` said:

Great work ! Keep it up. Keep in mind that the three (there is also the non armored asian but it's the same as the other asian) elephants are different :) Namingly because of the ears and the size. There shouldn't be some weird stretching because of that. Also make sure to remove the useless vertex groups :)

Armored should be merged into asian armature just like horses work with chamfron and peytrals i belive.

Backup in case i mess up with something like last night: 

12 minutes ago, Alexandermb said:

Armored should be merged into asian armature just like horses work with chamfron and peytrals i belive.

Well it saves some draw calls since the armor was baked onto the texture using → https://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/art_source/trunk/art/textures/skins/skeletal/seleucid elephant?rev=22222

Since you are remaking everything though, I guess it's up to you :)

16 hours ago, Alexandermb said:

@Stan` horse blendfile with the latest armors and animations.

I see a lot of useless materials using. Maybe you could clean it up ? Also the horse displays as purple, so I guess it's missing some textures (Pack them into blend and remove the missing ones) ? Does the blend file contains the nodes to bake the horse skin ?

image.png

Just now, Stan` said:

Well it saves some draw calls since the armor was baked onto the texture using → https://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/art_source/trunk/art/textures/skins/skeletal/seleucid elephant?rev=22222

Since you are remaking everything though, I guess it's up to you :)

I see a lot of useless materials using. Maybe you could clean it up. Also the horse displays as purple, so I guess it's missing some textures ? Does the blend file contains the nodes to bake the horse skin ?

image.png

i meant to say that i would merge asian armature both for asian and armored. But doing armor as another mesh could be a good option also. even bake a more detailed one with the new scale material i've got.

And yes, it has tons of useless materials because of the append of the infantry i've did, plus missing the horse texture for reduce the file size.

And nope, the node and the mesh itself is in another blendfile for less size while also keeping the scene clean though i could add another scene into the same blendfile but i belive size will increase from 12mb to 70mb for the highpoly sculpt.

1 minute ago, Alexandermb said:

i meant to say that i would merge asian armature both for asian and armored. But doing armor as another mesh could be a good option also. even bake a more detailed one with the new scale material i've got.

I liked the old one, but if you believe the new one will be better... :) Btw for the texture noise look at the new blender denoiser (maybe it's only in 2.81)

22 minutes ago, Alexandermb said:

And nope, the node and the mesh itself is in another blendfile for less size while also keeping the scene clean though i could add another scene into the same blendfile but i belive size will increase from 12mb to 70mb for the highpoly sculpt.

Okay, it should be uploaded as well someday :)

Just now, Stan` said:

Okay, it should be uploaded as well someday :)

Thought it was uploaded before :P my bad.

Spoiler

I liked the old one, but if you believe the new one will be better... :) Btw for the texture noise look at the new blender denoiser (maybe it's only in 2.81)

Yeah its amazing! i change screenshot samples from 120 of render to 4 and look how the denoiser do his magic:

Spoiler

denoise.png

• Alexandermb changed the title to ===[COMMITTED]=== Animations