===[COMMITTED]=== Animations

Alexandermb

6 hours ago, Alexandermb said:

Yet, i belive theres no way to implement specific attacking animations based on entity.

@Freagarach or @wraitii can prove me wrong but I believe there is a hunting state in unit Ai ?

EDIT: Someone just told me that we don't. However one could check whether the target is an animal and change the anims. With switchable attacks the unit would then change weapons when near ^^

17 hours ago, Stan` said:

@Freagarach or @wraitii can prove me wrong but I believe there is a hunting state in unit Ai ?

EDIT: Someone just told me that we don't. However one could check whether the target is an animal and change the anims. With switchable attacks the unit would then change weapons when near ^^

Yeah, would be awesome and also would need to lower speed when closer and increment first attack strenght and accuracy agaisnt that kind of creature (kinda like adding a "sneak" bonification for the first attack, and accurate shoot so the animation doesn't look weird and more immersive hunting).

In other talk: earlier i've committed the others lifelike animations for swordsman and spearman. Also i've done at least this ones in the past minutes copying some idles and adding just a few new for the "slave" or relaxed citizen:

Spoiler

image.png

Maybe you can appreciate some of them here:

Spoiler

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

at least 12 idles, and 4 IIRC are scratching to show how unhealthy the slaves were.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Stan` said:

@Alexandermb https://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/5616

As for the new idle anims they are really nice. We might want to tweak frequency so special ones play less often. Also I think hoplite should plant their spear into the ground cause right now it looks a bit weird that it stand stills while the unit does stuff...

there is one were the hoplite plant their spear the one they check the spear, but we don't have a schedule for the animation to be played in a specific order wich would help with other task also like animating citizen inside buildings,

Hoplite also have 1 idle static animation between each random animation and yet still it plays often the new ones, so only a "frequency" would help i guess.

Also, i kept the 60 frames lenght for have less than 2mb size per idle and keep in sync with the rest of the idles. Thought for have an smoother animation i'm thinking on increase it to 80 frames lenght.

6 minutes ago, Stan` said:

I'm wondering if we could not rerig the old mesh  with the new armature for low end pcs. It could be provided as a side mod :)

keeping the new head will keep the helmets compatible. However greaves will not work :/

Well, if we make a low end "configuration" included in the public folder even as a low end mod we wouldn't be using Greaves neither sheaths and even reduce the higher detailed helmets like snake crest's on corinthian.

For low end we would have restrictions on what we use and what we want to show, and same applies for LOD. Remove aspis and celtic shield handgrip and beyond.

But an important thing to mention is that the game haven't reached the performance in pathfinder required to have such amount of infantry in the game to be the lag cause, as it is now i belive is the lack of performance stacking on similar meshes in cases like  Tree's. I mean, in late game you have 200 soldier, certanly that wouldn't cause too much lag, Yet the pathfinder will start to lag and you wouldn't know wich one is the one causing the lag unless you already have the pathfinder issue knowledge.

And if we go for low end pc's or "raspberry pi" like gadgets that would also use Buildings whitout props etc.

The performance on low end wouldn't be just on infantry related but in a mass work of all geometry and texture resizing.

• Like 1

Sure about the mesh, but having them around wouldn't hurt would it ? :) I know this should be a general direction for lods, but it seems to me that this one would be an easy one, so if you had some time it could have been done :) If you don't want to that's okay, I'd rather we finish the re-export, Btw I didn't check but I hope those new idles have the correct number of vertex groups...

On a side note, I'm working on a blender importer for the game files (currently just needs random pick for variants, and material support) It will load the file all of it's props, and the associated textures :) Loading the briton blacksmith takes a fraction of what it would take me normally ^^

• Like 1

i've just done the driver of the elephant kinda generic for the 3 elephants, Missing only the back rider for finish them.

Gonna commit the slave animations + another new variant for operators less unhealthy. And the other variants with frequency tag for have less natural animations and more static pose.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Stan` said:

I'm wondering if we could not rerig the old mesh  with the new armature for low end pcs. It could be provided as a side mod :)

keeping the new head will keep the helmets compatible. However greaves will not work :/

another possible option would be apply decimate modifier on actual mesh so maybe it can be easier.

@Alexandermb Thanks for the commit, can you fix those ?

Missing file 'art/animation/quadraped/elephant_african_attack.dae' referenced by: 'public/art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_african.xml'
Missing file 'art/animation/quadraped/elephant_african_death.dae' referenced by: 'public/art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_african.xml', 'public/art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_african.xml'
Missing file 'art/animation/quadraped/elephant_african_idle_01.dae' referenced by: 'public/art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_african.xml', 'public/art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_african.xml', 'public/art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_african.xml'
Missing file 'art/animation/quadraped/elephant_african_idle_02.dae' referenced by: 'public/art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_african.xml'
Missing file 'art/animation/quadraped/elephant_african_idle_03.dae' referenced by: 'public/art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_african.xml', 'public/art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_african.xml'
Missing file 'art/animation/quadraped/elephant_african_walk.dae' referenced by: 'public/art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_african.xml', 'public/art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_african.xml'
Missing file 'art/animation/quadraped/elephant_asian_armor_attack.dae' referenced by: 'public/art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_asian_armor.xml'
Missing file 'art/animation/quadraped/elephant_asian_armor_death.dae' referenced by: 'public/art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_asian_armor.xml', 'public/art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_asian_armor.xml'
Missing file 'art/animation/quadraped/elephant_asian_armor_idle_01.dae' referenced by: 'public/art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_asian_armor.xml', 'public/art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_asian_armor.xml', 'public/art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_asian_armor.xml'
Missing file 'art/animation/quadraped/elephant_asian_armor_idle_02.dae' referenced by: 'public/art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_asian_armor.xml'
Missing file 'art/animation/quadraped/elephant_asian_armor_idle_03.dae' referenced by: 'public/art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_asian_armor.xml', 'public/art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_asian_armor.xml'
Missing file 'art/animation/quadraped/elephant_asian_armor_walk.dae' referenced by: 'public/art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_asian_armor.xml', 'public/art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_asian_armor.xml'

44 minutes ago, Stan` said:

@Alexandermb Thanks for the commit, can you fix those ?

Missing file 'art/animation/quadraped/elephant_african_attack.dae' referenced by: 'public/art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_african.xml'
Missing file 'art/animation/quadraped/elephant_african_death.dae' referenced by: 'public/art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_african.xml', 'public/art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_african.xml'
Missing file 'art/animation/quadraped/elephant_african_idle_01.dae' referenced by: 'public/art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_african.xml', 'public/art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_african.xml', 'public/art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_african.xml'
Missing file 'art/animation/quadraped/elephant_african_idle_02.dae' referenced by: 'public/art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_african.xml'
Missing file 'art/animation/quadraped/elephant_african_idle_03.dae' referenced by: 'public/art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_african.xml', 'public/art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_african.xml'
Missing file 'art/animation/quadraped/elephant_african_walk.dae' referenced by: 'public/art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_african.xml', 'public/art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_african.xml'
Missing file 'art/animation/quadraped/elephant_asian_armor_attack.dae' referenced by: 'public/art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_asian_armor.xml'
Missing file 'art/animation/quadraped/elephant_asian_armor_death.dae' referenced by: 'public/art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_asian_armor.xml', 'public/art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_asian_armor.xml'
Missing file 'art/animation/quadraped/elephant_asian_armor_idle_01.dae' referenced by: 'public/art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_asian_armor.xml', 'public/art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_asian_armor.xml', 'public/art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_asian_armor.xml'
Missing file 'art/animation/quadraped/elephant_asian_armor_idle_02.dae' referenced by: 'public/art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_asian_armor.xml'
Missing file 'art/animation/quadraped/elephant_asian_armor_idle_03.dae' referenced by: 'public/art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_asian_armor.xml', 'public/art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_asian_armor.xml'
Missing file 'art/animation/quadraped/elephant_asian_armor_walk.dae' referenced by: 'public/art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_asian_armor.xml', 'public/art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_asian_armor.xml'

Done!, thanks for the checkref. Note: None of the elephants was altered, they remain the same even the baby ones remain unrigged for now. Neither i have added the armor ive done recently. 

1 minute ago, Alexandermb said:

Done!, thanks for the checkref. Note: None of the elephants was altered, they remain the same even the baby ones remain unrigged for now. Neither i have added the armor ive done recently. 

Thanks for fixing it

last one

Missing file 'art/variants/quadraped/base_elephant_asian_armor.xml' referenced by: 'public/art/actors/units/kushites/hero_elephantry_arakamani_m.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/seleucids/hero_elephantry_seleucus_victor_m.xml'

Just now, Nescio said:

Too much work to correct (to "quadruped"), I suppose?

Probably not so much if Notepad++ batch renamer is used. since its just a folder its easier than renaming all the animations.

IE i can use this little tool:

Spoiler

image.png

And it will rename ALL the files in the art folder. Thought i would double check first before doing that.

@Stan` remind me wich ones are missing and the bodies that needs to be re-exported again due the vertex groups from ik's. Also if you have some free time, can help with "camel" animations re-export since are the only one's missing + maur trader but im doing trader now for end once for all  :cheers:.

Open to suggestion for idles. 

TODO: Noble class animations.

Rome inspired idle:

Spoiler

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Tweaked a lil bit the walking relaxed male to be less "well you can tell by the way i use my walk im a woman man, music loud and womens arm i've been kick around since i was born".

Camel riders animations re.exported i have some free time and took the oportunity of finish the task :D

@Stan` got this, not really sure what this means:

Spoiler

image.png

Just now, Lion.Kanzen said:

You make melee variation?

Sword.

Lancer...

Im not sure wich other weapon or tactics they use.

Nope, i need to do a "cleaning" of the camel rider animations just like i've did with horses, like find a better way of having rein instead of having it separated from mesh. Thats what it took me Months to properly animate the cavalry riders, the rein.

1 minute ago, Alexandermb said:

@Stan` got this, not really sure what this means:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

Nope, i need to do a "cleaning" of the camel rider animations just like i've did with horses, like find a better way of having rein instead of having it separated from mesh. Thats what it took me Months to properly animate the cavalry riders, the rein.

Ok....

• Alexandermb changed the title to ===[COMMITTED]=== Animations