===[COMMITTED]=== Animations

Alexandermb

Just now, Stan` said:

if i was relax I'd put the banner down ?

Starting pose, if its relaxed standing with the banner raised sooner or latter it will get your arm really tired.

If its relaxed it will behave relaxed, following with other natural idles.

Relaxed should be handle not as "Hey im relaxed in the middle of a battle, look how i joke on your face showing no fear as an arrow goes straight to my face, i used to ve an adventurer like you but then i got an arrow in the knee, how i got the arrow in the knee? i was relaxed while a rain of arrow came straight to me" But as the word say "relaxed", i feel relaxed because i don't feel any threat nearby, thatst why the Combat ready/relax is needed.

We need to split the citizen behavior from the threatĀ behavior.

In a city you are ready to combat if you feel any threat like riots, thiefs, enemy invasion, fire on buildings otherwise you remain relaxed trying to keep the energy when the threats come nearby.

That should also apply similar tha what @AngenĀ did on the Scar-L mod i had, he managed to change variant based on stance, that would indeed help to recognize when my infantry is looking for any threat or just staring the wind and providing resources to the settlement.

Defensive > Relaxed but prepared.

Passive > Sword on sheath relaxed and resting on shield, liting a firepit, looking the wind, sharpening my sword.

Aggresive > . Ready to fight but carefully planning my steps and my attacks so i don't go straight to a trap.

Violent >Ā Ready to fight and running to kill them.

Hold ground > Maybe similar to what movies do with soldiers holding ground in a kings room, just stand still with the shield on front and spear like hoplite.

Some movie, or series scenes to show my point:

Relaxed:

Spoiler

Resultado de imagen para vikings scene

Defensive:

Spoiler

hqdefault.jpg

Hold ground or Defensive:

Spoiler

Resultado de imagen para hbo rome scenes

Relaxed:

Spoiler

Resultado de imagenimage.pngResultado de imagen para hbo rome scenes5f45614b6aecffc099f1307524b71ce9.jpgImagen relacionada

Way too relaxed but good for campaing, walking with the helmet on hip:

Spoiler

Imagen relacionada

Ready:

Spoiler

Resultado de imagen

Relaxed:

Spoiler

image.png

Relaxed: Note that Lucio has a head on his hand, this is another perfect example of being relaxed. I have my enemy head on my hand, i don't feel any threat, i feel confidente i feel power, i won so i feel relaxed.

Spoiler

Resultado de imagen

Now Art:

Ā 

Relaxed:

Spoiler

image.png

Defensive:

Spoiler

image.pngimage.png

Hold Ground:

Spoiler

image.png

Relaxed:

Spoiler

image.pngimage.png

Some relaxed and middle defensive:

Spoiler

image.png

Again i quote Mount And Blade: Warband. If i walk with my shield not covering my front view, i will be killed instantly by an arrow (if the archer has a good level on the game of course).

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Stan` said:

Can you rebase your stance patch ?Ā 

Gonna read the changes and see if it can be applied to the recent unitai change.

Scutum is relatively done for the ingame used infantry so i have no other task to attend (rather than camel).

Though my patch only apply for combat.approaching or even ctrl + click command wich makes them attack the nearest enemy.

@AlexandermbĀ Considering I read something about longer animations,

With regard to the idle animation whenĀ the hoplite cleans his shield, it would look better if he first drives his spear into the ground, before releasing it to free his right hand to clean the shield. Currently the spear seems like its using a gyroscope to stay balanced or something :PĀ 

Someone commented:

spear :
release me , not problem, i will stay here .

Ā 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sundiata said:

@AlexandermbĀ Considering I read something about longer animations,

With regard to the idle animation whenĀ the hoplite cleans his shield, it would look better if he first drives his spear into the ground, before releasing it to free his right hand to clean the shield. Currently the spear seems like its using a gyroscope to stay balanced or something :PĀ 

Someone commented:

Ā 

Indeed, if they don't affect the gameplay vision it would be better idles, thought as i've mentioned restricted to footmen only.

• Like 1

@Stan`Ā well, so far for a first implementation and pretty basic, its just add a single line or replace the whole "combat" with a better name "ready" to avoid confusion.

But it needs to beĀ added for every actor the readyĀ variant.

The quality of this isn't the best but, you know 3rd World laptopĀ :crazy:Ā and it was pretty laggy while filming it.

Here you can see that the infantry walks as usally when used only right click, whileĀ  clicking with ctrl + click (wich is the default hotkey to make them attack everything neary) they enter in ready variant, also when approaching to an enemy they switch inmediatly and by they own to ready variant.

TBH isn't a feature im adding, im just replacing "combat" with "ready" and also adding 1 single line to the unitai. so the changes are already there, we just need to add that line and add the variant to every single actor in the game (at least the infantry) and we could finally leave "relaxed" for every unit and keep ready for combat, while this if someone developt it further then we can have stance based animations.

6 hours ago, Alexandermb said:

The quality of this isn't the best but, you know 3rd World laptopĀ :crazy:Ā and it was pretty laggy while filming it.

You know you can use the gif software to do it :D

6 hours ago, Alexandermb said:

TBH isn't a feature im adding, im just replacing "combat" with "ready" and also adding 1 single line to the unitai. so the changes are already there, we just need to add that line and add the variant to every single actor in the game (at least the infantry) and we could finally leave "relaxed" for every unit and keep ready for combat, while this if someone developt it further then we can have stance based animations.

Sure @FreagarachĀ just wanted you to rebase it :)

Proposal: Hoplite idle change for relaxed variant

Spoiler

romanoimpero.com: L'ARMATURA ROMANA

Only move legs and body a bit, to show a more relaxed state and less stationary wich looks perfect for "hold ground" if we ever implement what is mentioned before.

Comparisson:

Left New / Right Old

Spoiler

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

@Stan` thoughts?

Points to consider, often as end of a walking both foots don't get together or in the same X Axis coordinates one ends slightly ahead or behind to the other, this happens mostly while doing a march or standing still if military for respect

I don't think that one is better than the other. So I guess it's up to you. The problem you mentioned seems a bit troublesome.Ā 

What are the iron casting reference for ?

Could you make the building animation variant (standing) and the side pickaxe gathering animation ?

Ā 

2 minutes ago, Stan` said:

1 I don't think that one is better than the other. So I guess it's up to you. The problem you mentioned seems a bit troublesome.Ā 

2 What are the iron casting reference for ?

3 Could you make the building animation variant (standing) and the side pickaxe gathering animation ?

Ā 

Welp, i'll leave it as it is then. Theres no problem, i've just mentioned something i've noticed in most of the references and also modern games were they never stand like T pose while the end of a movement, a foot always end a lil bit ahead (same happens with animals like horse also)

2- In case we have melting for mods like city building.

3- Standing hammering? This need to have the same idle or can be done in different variants to choose independent of the starting frame?

Ā 

5 minutes ago, Alexandermb said:

Standing hammering? This need to have the same idle or can be done in different variants to choose independent of the starting frame?

Like the gif ? :)

5 minutes ago, Alexandermb said:

- In case we have melting for mods like city building.

Nice :)

• Alexandermb changed the title to ===[COMMITTED]=== Animations