===[COMMITTED]=== Animations

Alexandermb

If we will slowly work on it, if implemented, this could work. :) But I am concerned with the prop point issues which was brought in to question a few months ago. If we will be given permission, I would want it to be a full armor mesh, to make it more modular and customizeable.

i.e.

• Tunic with sandals + armor
  • Tunic with greaves + armor
  • Long sleeve tunic with boots + armor
  • Etc.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, wackyserious said:

If we will slowly work on it, if implemented, this could work. :) But I am concerned with the prop point issues which was brought in to question a few months ago. If we will be given permission, I would want it to be a full armor mesh, to make it more modular and customizeable.

i.e.

• Etc.

Gonna make the meshes and leave it you, so you work on some preview textures whitout implementing it. Just having it for showcase.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wackyserious said:

i.e.

• Etc.

Resultado de imagen para Roman snow clothing legionary

Dura Europos in Roman frontier.

Resultado de imagen para dura europos armor

Some parthian Armor.

image.png.ba7f1c4e4ec1ae688b0e965ed1b23d25.png

Boots with pants. (and tunic)

Resultado de imagen para sassanid warrior

Ā 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Alexandermb said:

image.pngimage.png

More like this bruh. :)Ā 

shoulders.jpg.613d10154188ae0d7ba69044cb0d17ae.jpg

Ā 

For new meshes, some Indian meshes would be nice, specifically for the legs. Time to give them some love.

Long and short Antariya, similar to the modern Dhoti, for men and women.

Spoiler

5d0a402a-0e33-4b3b-b230-a3daa367ccd1152511514534699140-Women-Solid-Pink-Pleated-Jiqiuguer-Original-Design-Elastic-Waist-Figure%202.jpg?w=1280&q=100&fmt=pjpeg&au

Third guyControversial-Indian-Caste-System.jpg

Ā 

Some more head/hair variations too would be nice.

Spoiler

main-qimg-fa6b6b28a658ccb03d225763f0e2f2oman-hair-759.jpgCybACbuWQAASoO8.jpg:large

Ā 

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Alexandermb said:

Quoting this post from Roman Infantry Texture updateĀ Topic, @wackyseriousĀ @wowgetoffyourcellphoneĀ @SundiataĀ @Stan`Ā should i add prop points for both legs for add single leg-guards actors for special cases?

Separate greaves sounds great! Wearing only one (on the left shin, because that's what isn't covered by the shield) may have actually been far more common than greaves on both legs. Having two is typically for show-offs.

5 minutes ago, Nescio said:

Separate greaves sounds great! Wearing only one (on the left shin, because that's what isn't covered by the shield) may have actually been far more common than greaves on both legs. Having two is typically for show-offs.

Thanks, now i'll add prop points for each leg. I'll see if i can make a basic version of the greaves.

Added m_armor_short_tunic_med_sleeves

Spoiler

image.png

Ā 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, wackyserious said:

i.e.

• Etc.

So if I understand correctly, you're saying that armour should be separate from clothes? Similar to helmet and head right now? It sounds sensible, but wouldn't that mean that most unit textures have to be redone? Furthermore, wouldn't it then also make sense to separate skin from clothes?

Spoiler

Basically a succession of things:

• body shape (is that the mesh?)
  • naked skin
  • head
  • clothes
  • armour
  • helmet
  • shoulders
  • left shin
  • right shin
  • quiver
  • shield
  • cape
  • weapon

(Didn't check how it's done exactly right now. And please correct me if I misunderstood things. I'm not really familiar with the art files.)

Ā 

3 hours ago, Nescio said:

So if I understand correctly, you're saying that armour should be separate from clothes? Similar to helmet and head right now? It sounds sensible, but wouldn't that mean that most unit textures have to be redone? Furthermore, wouldn't it then also make sense to separate skin from clothes?

Ā  Hide contents

Basically a succession of things:

• body shape (is that the mesh?)
  • naked skin
  • head
  • clothes
  • armour
  • helmet
  • shoulders
  • left shin
  • right shin
  • quiver
  • shield
  • cape
  • weapon

(Didn't check how it's done exactly right now. And please correct me if I misunderstood things. I'm not really familiar with the art files.)

Ā 

@Alexandermb wanted to experiment with it, we will take a shot at it with a mod sample and see how things will go. :)

It is just the armor that will be separated. Originally, he only wanted to separate the shoulder pads (this too would mean that most of the armored textures will have to be redone)

And if ever given the chance to be implemented, it will be a slow and steady process of replacing the textures one at a time and not in large commits.

We also have to consider that performance issue that was brought of calling up multiple props in actor files. Issues where spotted on heavily propped structures and units. i.e. barracks and new shields for the Gauls

4 hours ago, Alexandermb said:

@wackyseriousĀ first linothorax uv:

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

Ā 

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

Ā 

@wowgetoffyourcellphone is right, maybe make the bottom part more of a square than rectangular, and make the width like 25% less that the upper part.

Also, you are going to make the torso armor right?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are having blackouts again.

41 minutes ago, wackyserious said:

@wowgetoffyourcellphone is right, maybe make the bottom part more of a square than rectangular, and make the width like 25% less that the upper part.

Also, you are going to make the torso armor right?

I'll tweak it. Yes i will make the torso too

@NescioĀ this is just experiment with bodie parts and armor pieces, maybe could end being usefull for campaing heroes or something like that. Just like capes works for some units, that would be the idea of the shoulderpads, add more detail to elite units while leaving basic with their low details.

• Like 3

• Alexandermb changed the title to ===[COMMITTED]=== Animations