===[COMMITTED]=== Animations

Alexandermb

8 minutes ago, fatherbushido said:

(I'd bend to wait for AlexanderMB though)

Sure, I just made sure the work was really easy :)Ā If he comes back soonish he'll only have to add the actions to the blend file, copy the script press enter, and replace the files. Instead of having to do everything manually :)Ā 

6 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Alexander have some technical issues with his laptop.

Resultado de imagen para cable electrico laptop

I could buy a power supply for him, if that gets him back :)Ā Are you in contact with him ?

3 minutes ago, Stan` said:

Sure, I just made sure the work was really easy :)Ā If he comes back soonish he'll only have to add the actions to the blend file, copy the script press enter, and replace the files. Instead of having to do everything manually :)Ā 

I could buy a power supply for him, if that gets him back :)Ā Are you in contact with him ?

we have a chat in mp with other spanish speakers like trinketos.

Just now, Stan` said:

Oh nice, can we do anything for him ?

let me ask and translate the last reply.

image.png.445b91f5793744cd36c2f8188a207991.png

He have a some more aĀ  big problem with electric power, I'm not very technical with that but where he lives don't have this electric feature. he told me this the last year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_(electricity)

isn't first time he lost a component by dangerous unstable voltage.Ā 

Ā 

but he reply us this:

Ā 

Yoļ»æļ»æĀ meļ»æĀ quedĆ© sin computadoraļ»æļ»æļ»æĀ hasta que consiga reunir y comprar el cargador la laptop

I had no computer until I was able to collect and buy the laptop charger.

this was in June 11th.

8 hours ago, Alexandermb said:

I read often the forums every day to keep on touch with the new additionsĀ using an smartphone.Ā 

Can you help me gather all the blend file names for the animations ? Are they all in the art source or am I missing some ?

10 hours ago, Stan` said:

Can you help me gather all the blend file names for the animations ? Are they all in the art source or am I missing some ?

Some of them ones iĀ remember:
Ā 

1. Gastraphetes
  2. Elephant riders
  3. Siege engines
  4. Fisherman
  5. Cavalry but i think this one i gave the link in art discussion
  • Like 1

Here's the cavalry animations...

I know it is quite late, but better than nothing:

https://a.uguu.se/IP7Ov5YBmDhO_cavalryanimations.rarĀ  (seems it expires in 24h), I could upload somewhere else.

Ā 

Also attaching a .blendfile with a setup to record cavalry (and unit) deaths using ragdolls, in case you want to investigate further into simulation (can be recorded in bones animation).

avalry ragdoll.rar

cheers!

Ā 

IP7Ov5YBmDhO_cavalryanimations.rar

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Enrique said:

Hey, I may have some .blend files that may be useful...

I'll take a look and post them here

Hey @EnriqueĀ glad to see a fellow artist come back after long time no see, also glad forĀ being able to meet you and if its possibly work with the responsable of the unit update but also theĀ WIP cavalry update wich worked as a base for the end result we have today in alpha 24 progress.Ā 

Saddly i'm still busy with university test but at least got a temporary fix for the laptop charger, a fixed wire in the meantime (Original charger wasn't possible to repair).

Hope you stay for a while.

• Like 3

Hi @AlexandermbĀ !

Glad to see new talented faces in the art department :) !

Sadly, I'm back just as a lurker (until the end of september or so) and perhaps I can provide art tech support or similar, but no manpower yet.

I've seen you guys have been very busy! Really nice work around the art dept forums :)Ā 

Ā 

On 6/28/2019 at 8:45 PM, feneur said:

Thanks @Enrique! Long time no see, I hope things are well with you and that you stay around even if you don't have time to come back in full force :)Ā 

Hello Feneur! :)Ā  Happy to se you around here still! :DĀ 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

@wowgetoffyourcellphoneĀ @LordGoodĀ @Stan`Ā @NescioĀ @AngenĀ @EnriqueĀ 

Question: Would it matter if i organize animations and remove them from the "new" folder in such way each animation name start with the state?

IE:

• bow_attack_hip.dae to > attack_ranged_bow_hip.dae
  • 2h_attack_a.dae to > attack_melee_2h.dae
  • Ā 

Folders:

1. Citizen: For include normal states whitout exceptional weapon usage and open the possibility of miscelaneous random citizen life animationsĀ (Swords/Shields/Spears)
  2. Infantry > Sub folder for each infantry type (Archer/Swordsman/Spearman/Pikeman)Ā : For anything including combat and weapon usage.
  3. (Rider/Cavalry is already added)
  4. Gatherer: For anything related to resource gathering.
  5. Formations: Sub folders with formation name.

This way to have the animations files organized in folders instead of spread whitout schema having to dig in all the files names to find one animation type.
Ā 

Update so far: I Have re-exported most of the foot citizen-soldier animations included in the animation blender file in art-repo, However two are missing (Capture and Sarissa).

After thatĀ re export have to continue with the next file: Siege weapons

In last step i'll leave the re-export of unit meshes to leave it open to any suggestion or modification wanted for add more unit meshes.
Ā 

• Thanks 1

• Alexandermb changed the title to ===[COMMITTED]=== Animations