Announcement Regarding My Forum Activity

Fire Giant

Well - I'll make it short. Due to a lack of time and lots of thing I need to work on and finish, I'll concentrate my forum activities on the 0ad section and most likely not visit the WFG Community section every day - only twice a month or something like that. Our forums have really increased and there's lots of posts and topics to read and reply, which I can hardly do for all forums. Also I noticed that I didn't do much work for 0ad in the last weeks and so I decided to put my focus on the 0ad-work and not on WFG community for now.

I hope you understand that, and it doesn't mean that I won't like to attend the discussions in the WFG general forums, but I simply can't manage all the things. Only some examples of my tasks:

- Finish my schools website and code an admin area for it (approx. 20-30 h)

- Read MWD-Forums daily (0.5 h)

- Read AoMN.de-Forums daily (1-2 h)

- Administrative work at AoMN.de (writing articles and news), forum administration (1-2 h)

- Code a new DB-based Unit and Tech section for AoMN.de (10-20 h)

- Code a fulltext-search feature for AoMN.de (3-5 h)

- Read 0ad forums daily (0.5-2 h)

- make some 0ad artwork (3-5 h each time I do something)

- read and answer ICQ and MSN messages, and also emails (1-2 h)

There's lots more - and due to the fact that I have homework and other RL stuff to do, I simply can't afford it to read so many forums. I already tried to cut down the time I need for all the stuff by kicking some not-so-important things, but all the mentioned ones are things I really need to do ;)

Please don't think that other things outside of WFG are more important to me - I try to cut down the activity there even more than I do here (by checking the forums only every second day and not taking any complicated new tasks). WFG will always be top-priority for me and I will try to keep reading and replying here until it isn't possible any more (may happen next year when I get into the final-exam stuff).

So - don't be angry with me and if there's any important topic in the community forums, drop me an ICQ or MSN message or send a PM to me ;)

Malte / Fire

I see no reason why somebody would be angry about this Malte. It's not such a problem anyway since the community admins and guardians take care of the public forums. So as a member I think the only thing you should do is checking the private forums, the rest isn't that important.