don't see any players on lobby multiplayer (debian)

LéonL

Hello,

I just installed 0ad alpha23 on Debian 9 following those instructions. I want to play with friends but when I go to Multiplayer Lobby I just see 4 players in the list. I dont see the same list as my friends who see each other and dont see me.

What can I do ?

Note : The release I installed  is 29 may 2018 21819P-release , it seams older than my friends one.

Léon

Capture d'écran de 2019-04-24 00-16-08.png

Edited by LéonL
add screenshot

It being obsolete should not be much of a surprise to any long time Debian user ;) could you possibly use the Ubuntu ppa other wise you will indeed need to build from source if you pull the svn repo be sure to revert to the release index other wise you will be running the development version where about half way to version 24 ATM.

Enjoy the Choice :)  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LéonL said:

Thank you for your response.

So, the version in debian repositories is obsolete ? Dou you think it will be updated soon or should I build from source ?

basically, look here https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Alpha23   you have release and others re-release if you want updated version ask a package maintainer.

Edited by asterix
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Loki1950 said:

getting the maintainer to update it is against general Debian policy for there stable release

Is that policy written somewhere? alpha 23b is the stable of the two...

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianReleases speaks about the Security team and a workflow.

Spoiler

At any given time, there is one stable release of Debian, which has the support of the Debian security team. When a new stable version is released, the security team will usually cover the previous version for a year or so, while they also cover the new/current version. Only stable is recommended for production use.

There are also two main development repositories unstable and testing which are continually updated during the development of the next stable release. The latest packages arrive in unstable (which always has the codename "Sid"). Packages are automatically copied from unstable to testing when they meet criteria such as lack of release-critical bugs, and dependencies being satisfied by other packages in testing.

https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Security

Task description

The security team evaluates security threats, and produces updated packages for our stable and old-stable releases, and release these packages through security.debian.org together with an advisory mail.

Alpha 23b was a stability release for alpha 23 and adds a security feature that avoids impersonation in the multiplayer lobby rP21877.

It's not against the policy if it's within the policy, right?

• Thanks 1