Standardize universal spelling and pronounciation for Ancient Greek!

55 minutes ago, Anaxandridas ho Skandiates said:

It came up again in a MOD discussion, and of course is omnipresent. (Piraeus = Peiraieus)

I didn't transliterate anything, I simply used the spelling used in hundreds of publications and articles. Whether that's not scholarly enough or that the traditional layman's spelling is wrong in some way, that's up to you to decide. I am not anal about whether a K or a C is used, I just want to make a fun game. I do know it matters to other people though, like yourself, so I don't begrudge that. Just know I can be of no help in this regard and I'm not even 0 A.D.'s designer or even on the official team in any way, so I can make no decisions here. If it was up to me, I'd have a toggle option to turn off <SpecificName> in the tooltips and UI, rendering the discussion irrelevant to me. :)

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

Just now, Anaxandridas ho Skandiates said:

@wowgetoffyourcellphone It is an omnipresent problem, you are not doing it wrong, we are all doing it wrong, because we have no standard.
I am proposing one.

Groovy. You need to convince WFG to use your standard. Once that's done, then you can make some patches orienting the Greek/Latin in the game to this standard. (y) 

• Like 1