Atlas Map: 'Northern Islands (4)'

Scarecrow

To find your maps folder, check out these posts:

https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GameDataPaths

https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Atlas_Tricks

Find your saved map files (to be able to send them to others etc)

Currently this can be a bit hard, as Atlas isn't set up to save files to a specific directory but rather to save them to a directory that's been set during the install. Eventually Atlas should hopefully have a mod management tool of some sort which will not only help you to package scenarios to send to others but also help with managing objects and other things you may want to move from one mod to another. For now you'll have to find the directory where Atlas saves it's files, see GameDataPaths (mod data) for the correct path and then look in mods\user\maps\scenarios, for SVN users it's binaries\data\mods\public\maps\scenarios (in the directory where you checked out 0 A.D. and on Linux it's the same but with slashes instead of backslahes, i.e. binaries/data/mods/public/maps/scenarios).

----------

You may have to go further, for example:

C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\My Games\0ad\mods\user\maps\skirmishes

and look for file names you recognise as maps you have made in Atlas.

----------

Hope this helps,

Edited by Scarecrow
  • Like 1

just as a tip: enable all fancy graphics when you create such showcasing screenshots, it becomes much more attractive that way ;)

Also, as the creator of the original map, I would like to make a few comments on the map design :): 

• I haven't try to play it so I can't comment on how the maps plays but it looks as if the two players on the most northern island have much less resources than the other two.
  • On the upper two islands you can see quite a bit of texture tiling (especially in the flat areas), you might be able to take a few clues by looking at the original island and see how I blended the textures together and got rid of most of the texture tiling :) 
  • The small island in the northwest could do with a bit more effort I think, try to come up with some fancy spots and terrain features to make it more interesting! (but don't overdo it, keep it natural and realistic :P)

Other than that, a nice idea for an extension! :thumbsup:

• Like 1