Sign in to follow this  
Nescio

Should workshops be enabled?

Should workshops be enabled?   

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should workshops be enabled for all factions and siege engines be removed from the fortress?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Palisades and small towers are available in village phase, city walls and large towers in town phase, fortresses in city phase. What should the requirement of the siege workshop?

• Village phase
    • Town phase
    • City phase
  3. 3. Should all factions have a battering ram?

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. What should be the requirement of the battering ram?

• Village phase
    • Town phase
    • City phase
  5. 5. Catapults reportedly did exist in Iron Age India. Should the Mauryas have a stone thrower?

• Yes
    • No
  6. 6. Should city walls be postponed to city phase?

• Yes
    • No

Siege workshops have been created for all factions, but they have not been enabled. Should they be? City walls are available to all factions in town phase, so perhaps battering rams should be too?

Feel free to participate in the discussion here.

Related: D1761 and siege mod.

3. Should all factions have a battering ram?

Yes, even if just 2 or 4 dudes carrying a log. In fact, you could have the "dudes+log" be the default battering ram in Town Phase, and then there be a "Covered Battering Ram" upgrade come in City Phase.

• Like 7

people vote siege workshop out of the town phase but vote battering ram into the town phase Lord have mercy what are y'all doin

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, LordGood said:

people vote siege workshop out of the town phase but vote battering ram into the town phase Lord have mercy what are y'all doin

Spoiler

Imagen relacionada

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, LordGood said:

I almost did that also, but decided that it would confuse people, so I didn't. The reason I considered doing that was because I wouldn't mind a siege workshop in town phase as long as most powerful siege weapons were not available until city phase. I wouldn't want powerful siege weapons like our current battering rams available in town phase, but would be OK with the simple carried log battering ram in town phase. There was no way to properly express this with the current poll options.

[Edit]

This was basically covered in the @wowgetoffyourcellphone post.

Yes, even if just 2 or 4 dudes carrying a log. In fact, you could have the "dudes+log" be the default battering ram in Town Phase, and then there be a "Covered Battering Ram" upgrade come in City Phase.

Edited by WhiteTreePaladin
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, WhiteTreePaladin said:

I wouldn't mind a siege workshop in town phase as long as most powerful siege weapons were not available until city phase.

Even if the workshop would become available in an earlier phase, it doesn't mean the phase of the current siege engines should be changed as well; I think city phase is appropiate for catapults etc.

Personally I think the last question is the most interesting.

Anyway, there seems to be clear support for (1). I'm not sure what the proper procedure to proceed is, though.

9 minutes ago, Nescio said:

Even if the workshop would become available in an earlier phase, it doesn't mean the phase of the current siege engines should be changed as well; I think city phase is appropiate for catapults etc.

Personally I think the last question is the most interesting.

Anyway, there seems to be clear support for (1). I'm not sure what the proper procedure to proceed is, though.

I guess you could discuss it with @borg- and @Itms

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thorfinn the Shallow Minded said:

I'd say that the issue with walls is that at the moment they are highly resistant for town age standards.  Whether it is through a technology or an automatic upgrade when the player reaches city phase, walls should have less hp in the town phase.

One of my plans for walls is a little more vuneraveis but faster to build and less cost.

8 hours ago, Thorfinn the Shallow Minded said:

I'd say that the issue with walls is that at the moment they are highly resistant for town age standards.  Whether it is through a technology or an automatic upgrade when the player reaches city phase, walls should have less hp in the town phase.

Yeah, city phase could include a fortified wall technology to preserve balance.

i think its good like that to have some faction with siege workshops and some others without
maurya having catapult would be cool but then an other siege engine should maybe removed

i think the phases when the units and walls are available are good too 
what borg and thorfin say is allright too the walls having a little less cost and health points could lead to something more interesting especialy if the garnison bonus etc remains the same

Edited by lecedar

On 4/8/2019 at 4:27 AM, LordGood said:

it can be later(town phase)  upgrade...  to develop some technologies to get to this point.

On 4/9/2019 at 10:04 AM, borg- said:

One of my plans for walls is a little more vuneraveis but faster to build and less cost.

what about some stone walls similar to the palisades in size. Lordgood work some of this for Carthage.