Before this week, I'd never been cheated. This week, it's happened 3 times. So instead of making a new thread for every cheater, I'll just post them here :)

Feel free to add your own rule-breakers !
- Remember to add the commands.txt so the mods can analyze it
      -> can't find it? guide: https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GameDataPaths

- Screenshots of chat might also help
      -> press [F2] instead of [print screen]

Edited by __najimakimoda
add tags and screenshot help
  • Thanks 1

Original post:

I was really proud of this win. I feel so defeated now.

Player who cheated was Mativen1983. He plays a lot and has a higher rank than me, so when I was trying new strats and finally winning, finally getting my rank up... well, this one hurt a lot. Especially since I embarrassingly didn't see that he quit until a few minutes after, by which point he had already joined another game. Ouch.

commands.txt

Hello
I would like to report the player augenfranz for  disconnecting a rated game just when he was loosing and leaving 

Iecedar please post the cmd.txt of the offending game as that is required to show that it actually took place.

Enjoy the Choice :) 

Maybe add that data to the player profile database. And have it displayed on player lookup.

I'll have to add that I saw GVIT in the lobby later that night, and I explained the situation of the 1v1 rule etc., and asked him to make it up for me. When I explained that I had reported him, he decided to do a 1v1 and resign right away

but of course he didn't resign. I quit the match without resigning after about a minute, I think the trickery of the circumstance warranted leaving without destroying my rank, although if this was out of line please tell me @Hannibal_Barca or @user1.

Him suggesting the match (we'd discussed it earlier in a game lobby):IMG_6986.thumb.jpg.7877501182ff2bcf903aff9eb03b92ce.jpg

and him not responding when I asked when he was planning on resigning:

IMG_6985.thumb.JPG.b2dc66f568ccd5f580794fec276cfd8c.JPG

I also included the commands.txt, but the match was less than a minute ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It makes sense as he has a perfect score despite 1. not playing many matches, and 2. not seeming to be a player deserving of a rank of 1500

Edited by __najimakimoda
added two other posts about him offending

thanks again, Hannibal. I wasn't intending to use the old posts as reports, just to show that this player (who has a 100% win rate) isn't exactly known to be above this sort of thing 

In addition, I would make a suggestion:

If a survey was built into the game, that would pop up and pause it whenever a host hits the quit button, that should force an agreement on all sides to any in-game quit committed by the host making it impossible for him to break the rule in rated 1v1...

Then if he would still try to simulate a computer crash perhaps the last information sent could be taken into account?

@Hannibal_Barca @user1 @FeXoR

• Like 1

And what about not rating games in the first place if we can't reliably rate games in the first place?

IMO that would make everything much calmer ;)

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, FeXoR said:

And what about not rating games in the first place if we can't reliably rate games in the first place?

IMO that would make everything much calmer ;)

I'm not sure that's better. It's like removing game features because they don't work as expected instead of fixing them. If you push it hard enough it's like saying we should remove the graphics engine because it doesn't work on some platforms :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stan` said:

I'm not sure that's better. It's like removing game features because they don't work as expected instead of fixing them. If you push it hard enough it's like saying we should remove the graphics engine because it doesn't work on some platforms :D

so you guys are gonna finally get around to removing the graphics engine? I've been waiting for text prompt based 0 A.D. for years!

• Haha 2