Help: Texture missing in new imported model

Hi @stanislas69. Can I ask your help.

I recently created a new building model for @borg- but when he imports it into the game, it looks black, with no textures.

There most be something I'm missing during the export process since this is my first time creating props for games.

The model was created in 3ds Max. It's properly unwrapped and was assign an ART material (ART Renderer comes with 3ds Max). Diffuse texture is a PNG image made in Photoshop. Export was done by selecting the model, hitting "Export selected" and choosing DAE with default settings.

What do you thing I'm missing?

I'd really appreciate your help.

4 hours ago, Loki1950 said:

Open that .dae with a text editor (notepad++ on Windows) it's in XML format look for your texture file names check that the paths are correct.

Enjoy the Choice :)

The game doesn't use the textures inside the DAE :)

Materials should have no influence on models.

Id have to have the files to see but from the black model I saw I would assume the unwrap either did not go right or the texture is a different kind of PNG.

can you upload a small mod with the model and the textures ?

@stanislas69

I can confirm the DAE model being completely black once re-imported into 3ds Max. 

UV coordinates are still present, but for some reason it appears black, even after loading the PNG texture or any JPG texture.

There must be something wrong with the initial exporting process. Probably something I'm missing in the export dialog box.

I'm trying to find out what it is.

10 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

The game doesn't use the textures inside the DAE :)

Materials should have no influence on models.

Id have to have the files to see but from the black model I saw I would assume the unwrap either did not go right or the texture is a different kind of PNG.

can you upload a small mod with the model and the textures ?

borg-expansion-pack.zip

2 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

@borg- @Basshunter

The png is not being accepted by the game because its resolution is 750x750. That's no power of two. The closest resolution you can use is either 1024x1024 or 512x512. Also one should be careful because faces have only one side where they are not transparent (backface culling)

I can confirm the PNG I have in my PC is 1024x1024px.

Could it be that it's been down-sized when sent via forum messenger?

9 hours ago, Basshunter said:

Could it be that it's been down-sized when sent via forum messenger?

The forum compresses the image, so what you see is indeed down-sized. You need to click the image, then click it again, and the original sized image will open in a new tab (at least for me). 

• Like 1