Cannot play custom maps. Please help!

Mijorious

9 hours ago, (-_-) said:

Finishing the game envisioned by a few optimistic individuals in the early 2000s. That is what you are working towards, right? 

Yes

8 hours ago, elexis said:

Finishing the game, making it available under exclusive free licensing, minimzing the cost for others to study, reuse and extend it, and thus for instance publish revision history. So apparently there are some differences.

The only real difference between the original purpose (creating a fun, modifiable game), and the present is the added open source component. From what I remember reading, the original devs wanted 0 A.D. to be open source. However, they were afraid they wouldn't be able to prevent multiplayer cheating with open code, so they chose "freeware" instead of open source. (Multiplayer wasn't implemented at that time, so there were many unknowns about it.) That was the early 2000's; I imagine that they might have created the project as open source if they were starting the project today.

• Like 2

Spoiler

Honestly, I should have just remained irrelevant and posted something here and there. If only I could go back in time and not post something in a certain copy-paste thread.

I just wonder what changed since then. "You didn't do enough" sounds way better than "shut up, we are not your slaves".

Well, I spent a lot of time going through the code during the whole freeze. But I still don't consider that I know it better than any staff here. Where the "cant walk all the way" argument comes in. But we are going around in circles now. You are saying the same thing and I am replying with the same thing. A much better use of our time would be finding methods to deal with high precision object placement in random maps.