Importance of researching technologies(HELP)

joelsonjoel

Hello there.

I'm a noob to this game, and i'm not really sure about the importance, or better, how to time researching technologies. I'm playing alpha 23, and I'd like to know if I have to try and get blacksmith technologies as fast as I can or if it's better to use my resources to keep producing units and buildings. I'm sure that they are really important as they gives you a real boost to your troops, and I'm not talking about gathering technologies, as I always research them asap, but I keep strugling with blacksmith and fortress technologies, because they are really expensive.

Thanks for the help guys!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, joelsonjoel said:

Hello there.

I'm a noob to this game, and i'm not really sure about the importance, or better, how to time researching technologies. I'm playing alpha 23, and I'd like to know if I have to try and get blacksmith technologies as fast as I can or if it's better to use my resources to keep producing units and buildings. I'm sure that they are really important as they gives you a real boost to your troops, and I'm not talking about gathering technologies, as I always research them asap, but I keep strugling with blacksmith and fortress technologies, because they are really expensive.

Thanks for the help guys!

Best way to learn is by watching replays of the best players.

• Like 1

Hello @joelsonjoeland welcome to the forums! :)

Personally, I think it's good to have a lot of units. And upgrade them simultaneously, if possible. If you can put up a dropsite as a gathering point on the way to your strategic goal and have your troops gather resources, they'll pay for their upgrades themselves.

What units do you use to deal damage? What damage are they receiving? What's the best bang for your buck? I think 'Will to fight' is really strong to increase damage from all units, especially if I'm also using ships. And since my horsies tend to be first where the damage's at, I like to prioritize their armor...