There's a limit to things

Sundiata

42 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

Your post is now visible again. :) Sorry for the inconvenience and you had to encounter that guy.

Thank you very much Stanislas, I really appreciate it!

And those weren't even the worst quotes... He actually called us "explicative ebola zombies", and something else about AIDS, for those of you just joining  and might be wondering why our lovely friend was removed from the conversation. 

Thank you to all the people who showed their support in this matter. For those who think that pesem/Glestul's commentary was even remotely acceptable, you need to self reflect. 

I've had an eye-opening discussion about the difficulties regarding moderation, and will say a word or two about it in the future. Basically, we need the community to help regulate extremism in the lobby, and in the forum. It's an open source project, so we can all help weed out toxic behaviour. If everything falls on the handful of moderators alone, they get overworked and over stressed. The bad people shout louder, so at least the "good" people should try to speak in chorus. We have terms that everybody agreed to. If someone is excessively violating them, try to politely draw their attention to the unwantedness of such behaviour. Don't attack them, don't insult them, just inform them. If the behaviour continues notify a moderator. Most importantly, don't criticize a moderator for taking legitimate action if the offense is well covered by the terms. Just grow up and realize that your words, your actions, and your silence when your voice matters can cause real world damage. Moderators and developers have lost their mind in the past... To the moderators, please don't hesitate, or feel bad to take action against the level of dehumanizing talk that Glestul/pesem demonstrated. This is NOT an edge case, if there are still people who feel that way... 

Edited by Sundiata
  • Like 8

• 1 year later...

The guy is back under "Melusines" username. He exercises the same behavior and rethoric. I've seen many messages in lobby from him attacking various religious, ethnic and race groups (i.e. "I hate muslims", "Serbia", encouraging people to burn Serbia and many others I do not want to type), and usual talks about Jesus.

Anyway, I am personally sure It's the same person (Melusines=pesem=other accounts) which would mean multiple accounts and hateful speech in lobby which is break of ToS.

(I am reporting here since there is no responsive moderator in a24 lobby and to put stress on the background of the person.)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I'd like to see this person removed from the lobby.  The messages are excessive and extreme and it's turning me away from hanging out in the lobby while looking for games to play.

The other day they had posted about 30 messages back to back spamming the lobby and it's been like this every day I've played over the last 3 weeks or so.

Any action against this user would be appreciated.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I encountered him/her too, when i put him/her through a few tests it was very obvious this person has 0 sense/knowledge of religion he claims to be in even though the messages were only about religion. This person is either really mentally unstable or exceptionally delusional. Probably both.

Edited by Grapjas
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Grapjas said:

I encountered him/her too, when i put him/her through a few tests it was very obvious this person has 0 sense/knowledge of religion he claims to be in even though the messages were only about religion. This person is either really mentally unstable or exceptionally delusional. Probably both.

what did say this person? maybe this person was a troll?