Sign in to follow this  
fatherbushido

Special units and so on

10 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

why you want make the mercenary camp buildable? I prefer as a map neutral entity.

That would mean that you will have to plop the camps across all the maps in the game like in DE

2 minutes ago, wackyserious said:

That would mean that you will have to plop the camps across all the maps in the game like in DE

Because was primary idea. :)

(from the other topic)

3 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I don't think the Stoa units should be champions to be honest. They should just be merc citizen-soldiers. I actually wish they were removed and the stoa used for something else other than just a barracks.

I kinda agree things should be make clear for those 2-3 stoas units.

That's perhaps not a good a ref but I really like the book of Duncan Head "Armies of the Macedonian and Punic Wars 359 BC to 146 BC". It appears to me like a design doc for rts in ancient times.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2019 at 3:41 AM, wackyserious said:

Carthage did had the necessities to fund mercenary armies, because they had a really good economy. That was the purpose of mercenaries right? So you do not have to force and drill the locals to muster a force, with the right amount of coin, an army could be yours in a snap. In most desperate times, you could drain your

Not at all,  

On some maps there are not only mercenaries from other nations, or should be, but also natives loyal to the foreign occupying forces,

Just as you should see bandits and nationalists eager to challenge these.

I'd like to share my opinion on mercenaries.

I agree with @Lion.Kanzen that Mercenary Camps shouldn't be buildable. It should be neutral and capturable.

However for Allied/Auxiliary units it should be a separate building. I think every faction should have its own Embassy building that trains foreign non-mercenary units. Similar to Carthage's Embassy but only one instead of three kinds. But it should still work like mercenary camps, i.e. when captured it should be able to train native troops instead of faction troops like Barracks.

• Like 1