Custom In-game Menus

Sebastián Gómez

14 minutes ago, Basshunter said:

@Lion.Kanzen @Trinketos Thank you guys.

It's a shame. Current mini map and unit menu is so horrible!

I would have loved to give it a look change.

Releí lo que escribirte y lo de cambiar menus es posible pero no puedes cambiar la forma del minimapa a por ejemplo un cuadrado para eso tienes que modificar el nucleo del juego que es en c++.

8 hours ago, Basshunter said:

@Stan` @Nescio @Loki1950

Hi guys,

I'm trying to modify some aspects of the UI and I was wondering if is it possible to hide the upper corners of the minimap with an alpha or something. 

Do you have any idea?

1 hour ago, Stan` said:

@Basshunter It's using textures in the public folder so you might be able to make them transparent :) I'll have a look in some time maybe next week if its not possible.

The minimap is actually a square produced by the C++ source code. Without any GUI textures it looks like this:

1399756000_Screenshotfrom2019-08-2209-50-05.png.73cc0bfb8cf867eff5e6a40fc9bb8927.png

Furthermore, I guess the idea is there will be flare button in the top left corner and a score button in the top right, eventually: https://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/art/textures/ui/session/icons/minimap

[EDIT]: In case you intend to redesign the minimap and selection panel, the relevant GUI files are under `gui/session/` and you can find the textures under `art/textures/ui/session/`.

Edited by Nescio
gui files

• 1 year later...

The polygon is no longer visible outside the minimap, this was fixed by @vladislavbelov with rP25241, so mods for the current dev version and for A25 can have a nice round minimap.

385019447d03d9014119e2257d21665d.thumb.jpg.0c7b479d27f8a4660816941e25f3a481.jpg

On 16/03/2019 at 3:56 AM, Sebastián Gómez said:

I'd be more than willing to help with the creation of the graphical content in case you like the idea. So please let me know what you think.

@Sebastián Gómez are you still around, can you provide some graphical content?

• Like 1

Hey @Sebastián Gómez, thanks for responding so quickly. It was a shot in the blue. I would be interested to make a mod based on your proposal. 

I think that I can do the scripting and adjusting the icons the way you illustrated it, but I would need textures. The default textures can be found here:

trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/art/textures/ui/session

I would like to start with one Civ, for example the Gauls, I would need 3 texture files. Min supported resolution for 0ad is 1024x768px, therefore the largest texture doesn't need to be longer than 1024. The 2 smaller texture files, probably more like 100px on the longest side, make sure the ratio looks good, I can stretch the texture file later when adjusting the position.

1944479422_CelticMenu.jpg.71aacd686ad9f64e337611173fdb0404.thumb.jpg.8fac1000dd91e3bf457f8e88c45fd3ae.jpg

Making the minimap always visible and the rest only when a building/unit is selected could be difficult. I think they need to be connected in a straight line. If you do some textures, include also the ring alone (200x200). I will see what I can do.

9 minutes ago, Sebastián Gómez said:

@Langbart It's great you like my proposal. However, I'm not a fan of working on MODs. From my perspective, most people won't ever use them. On the other hand, If you can get the developers interested in this feature for the official version, I'd be more than pleased to provide the graphics.

The good thing about starting with a mod first is that mods are insanely easy for people to try out and test your work. A mod directory is pretty easy to set up too. Just a thought. I really like your initial concepts. :) 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Langbart said:

Hey @Sebastián Gómez, thanks for responding so quickly. It was a shot in the blue. I would be interested to make a mod based on your proposal. 

I think that I can do the scripting and adjusting the icons the way you illustrated it, but I would need textures. The default textures can be found here:

trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/art/textures/ui/session

I would like to start with one Civ, for example the Gauls, I would need 3 texture files. Min supported resolution for 0ad is 1024x768px, therefore the largest texture doesn't need to be longer than 1024. The 2 smaller texture files, probably more like 100px on the longest side, make sure the ratio looks good, I can stretch the texture file later when adjusting the position.

1944479422_CelticMenu.jpg.71aacd686ad9f64e337611173fdb0404.thumb.jpg.8fac1000dd91e3bf457f8e88c45fd3ae.jpg

Making the minimap always visible and the rest only when a building/unit is selected could be difficult. I think they need to be connected in a straight line. If you do some textures, include also the ring alone (200x200). I will see what I can do.

that looks nice  but there is still this semi modern concept