@historic_bruno  My friend, do you remember me? I'm waiting for your return all the time. Our team has changed. Three programmers have left the team. One of them is MIMO, the chief executive of AI development. If he can return to the team again, AI will continue to develop. Now AI has stopped developing. My God, I feel that all of this will happen. At a standstill, my old friend Ben, you came back, and I seemed to see that miracles would happen again, hoping that they would happen again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gameboy said:

and I seemed to see that miracles would happen again,

If you want something enough and your heart is pure, miracles can happen.

13 hours ago, historic_bruno said:

Hey folks! :wavey:

I haven't been active here lately, well, since about 3 years now. So some of you will remember me, but there are a lot of new faces I'm sure. It's time for a re-introduction!

My name is Ben (aka historic_bruno) and I started with 0 A.D. in fall 2010, because I was bored and wanted to join a fun project. Something bigger than myself. 0 A.D. was first alphabetically on Wikipedia's list of open source games, so I clicked it and fell in love. I mean, I always loved history and Age of Empires. And I always loved programming, so it was a match made in heaven.

I started looking at the code, adding a few small features or bug fixes here and there. Started hanging out in IRC and on the forums. It was my first time contributing to an open source project, and really the largest software project I had worked on at the time (right out of college - I had a degree in computer engineering). It kinda came along at the perfect time for me, where I was in my life, not happy with what I had been doing. 0 A.D. gave me a new direction and fresh perspective.

Before long, I was working on bigger changes to things like the random map generator, game setup UI, and Atlas, and they invited me to join the dev team!  I was incredibly excited to be a part of such a great team. From there, I learned so much about software development from folks like Philip and all the other devs.

Eventually I had so many things going on in my life, that I couldn't spend so much time in IRC, and even following the daily logs became too much (for a while 0 A.D. was like a full time job for me). And then I found it hard to keep up with Trac, so I stepped away. But I never intended it to be for years!

IMO, 0 A.D. is one of the finest, if not *the* finest open source 3D game out there. Art, music, graphics, and everything is top notch. I've always been proud of our releases, each one an improvement on the last, and even though we may be slower paced than some big studios, there is a lot of passion that goes into 0 A.D.  It's kind of a gift to the world and to the FOSS movement in general, and that's a cool legacy for everyone who has contributed and followed along over the years.

Anyway I'm glad to be back and can't wait to see what has been happening in my absence, and meet the new folks in this community!  And most of all thanks to everyone who has been playing, testing, packaging, designing, creating, developing, and involved in whatever way to making 0 A.D. what it is :-)

Great news! Welcome back, Ben! Of course, I remember you.  but at that time I was just a passive guest reader.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, historic_bruno said:

Hey folks! :wavey:

I haven't been active here lately, well, since about 3 years now. So some of you will remember me, but there are a lot of new faces I'm sure. It's time for a re-introduction!

three years is like a month ago in this project. for example.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...