Sign in to follow this  
LordGood

===[TASK]=== Trees

17 minutes ago, Anaxandridas ho Skandiates said:

@Stan` Could we do what you did above, to these red dots / leaves too?

What do you mean ? the bushes with the red dots are berry bushes they must be visible by players.

6 minutes ago, Stan` said:

What do you mean ? the bushes with the red dots are berry bushes they must be visible by players.

Argghhhh yes, but they are SO CLOSE to not looking unrealistic colourwise. The berries are already huge and red, surely they can still be seen if they are a LITTLE less red, and the foliage is a LITTLE less green.

Current size compared to units are like very large apples / small melons even.

Just a fraction of vibrance/saturation reduction should do the trick.

Edited by Anaxandridas ho Skandiates

Berries need to be quickly identified at the beginning of a game, I was more worried about the tone down than anything. It’s why the bananas are so modern too. 

That said the apples and figs have the opposite problem, don’t even have visible fruits most of the time

On 11/4/2019 at 8:19 AM, LordGood said:

made the whole tree smaller to compensate, polys are pushing new oak levels though

screenshot0155.png

you must be save that one in the art repo can be useful for press and media screenshots. like fyers, posters, FB post etc. 

3 hours ago, LordGood said:

Berries need to be quickly identified at the beginning of a game, I was more worried about the tone down than anything. It’s why the bananas are so modern too. 

That said the apples and figs have the opposite problem, don’t even have visible fruits most of the time

I guess we could do something about that :)

When D1718 is in i'll look in the possibility to split fruit and wood gathering for those trees. 

I think the leaf color on the bushes could be more "realistic"  but the berries themselves should be super bright and visible. They're an abstraction after all. They just represent various foraging methods, not necessarily any specific species of berry. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I think the leaf color on the bushes could be more "realistic"  but the berries themselves should be super bright and visible. They're an abstraction after all. They just represent various foraging methods, not necessarily any specific species of berry. 

That sounds like a fair compromise? Just a very tiny reduction in vibrance/saturation will do the trick I think.

Yes, in my visibility mod the berrys texture is more red for better visibility. For a competitive  game play it is better to identify the berrys fast.

With the chickens i was even more radical, i replaced the texture with pure red color. I prefer contrast over realism.

• Haha 2