===[TASK]=== Trees

LordGood

Firstly, congrats on your amazing work! But one question: how will these new trees be incorporated into 0 A.D. old maps? Will we need to redo some maps? When there is more than one model for the same tree species, is Atlas Map software able to randomly distribute two or more of them?

Ah, on request! ;)  I think artwork just like yours really enriches the game. Please consider upgrading and creating new rocks, mosses, ruins, dead tree trunks and all sorts of things that may appear in the game's usual scenarios. 

Edited by Sturm

The old maps still use the old trees yes, scenario and skirmish maps will take a lot of rework to incorporate these, which is partly why I'm dedicating so much direction towards flora. We'll have a full palette to fill the maps instead of replacing trees piecemeal.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ffffffff said:

these in addition with @aeonios graphics improvement patch and anti aliasing support +1!!!! anti aliasing maybe more important than anisotropic bc anisotropic filtering is working with nvidia/amd/intel cards/drivers at least. (but anti aliasing with nvidia/amd apparently not) =| @aeonios graphics patch so nice!!

https://code.wildfiregames.com/D1486 (graphics improvement patch)

I only playing now with @aeonios patch because its so awesome!

Add Kuba's multithreading and we have a transformational experience for most players!

@ffffffff There is a big issue with Aeonios' patch. It disable the GLSL option which will make me lose even more time answering people for whom the game will keep crashing.  Ticking an option is easy enough. Asking people to go in system folders to change it will be less easy.

"The "prefer GLSL" option has been removed (also because of crowding issues). Instead, I set default.cfg to use shaders and preferglsl= true by default. This will soon be the only option anyway, and is the de-facto condition for >95% of our users, so it seemed like the most obvious choice of options to drop."

41 minutes ago, Sundiata said:

Add Kuba's multithreading and we have a transformational experience for most players!

Unfortunately I don't see that happening anytime soon, cause we haven't heard of him in a while.

28 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

Unfortunately I don't see that happening anytime soon, cause we haven't heard of him in a while.

Indeed... But Alpha 24 isn't around the corner, is it? My fingers are still crossed for both the multithreading and and the graphics patch. I'm a hopeful kind of guy :) (and hope gets everything done, right? right? ok, I'll take a seat until I learn how to code graphics engines and multithread pathfinders and other complicated stuff like that. Perhaps in a few decades or so)

Perhaps @aeonios is taking his name a little too serious :P 

Maybe @Kuba386 needs to take a little time off from his kingly duties and finish the patch :P 

Spoiler

The King of Kuba! King Kuba? Kuba are you a King? If you finish the patch you are! :) 

Elisofon-11_custom-3cb95353c89daa8706c6702270b41ac5fe144c49-s6-c30.thumb.jpg.905d65ee10fec72ea0fed7b9981f65bb.jpg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sundiata said:

Perhaps @aeonios is taking his name a little too serious :P 

How so ? ^^

3 minutes ago, Sundiata said:

Indeed... But Alpha 24 isn't around the corner, is it?

Nope, but maybe Fork AD 9001 is and maybe they already have implemented everything :)