===[TASK]=== Trees

LordGood

2 hours ago, Sundiata said:

Ah yes, soon! I keep obsessing about the acacia, lol... Modeling trees is hard... I'll be sending more huts and stuff very soon!

At least I just finished the first new Acacia variant, I think... I read something about keeping it under 800 tris, so I kept it at 784 :P ... The other variants will be simpler/smaller and have less tris. This is just the mother acacia.

1148824995_Acaciatesting.thumb.jpg.d00dad7a359b8ad3a180a05d4a80c87f.jpg

I think the color is too bright https://store.speedtree.com/store/acacia_savanna/

13 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

I think the color is too bright https://store.speedtree.com/store/acacia_savanna/

Let's pretend we're coming out of the rainy season :) (the grasses have already dried up, but there's still enough water deep in the ground to keep the trees green)

But yeah, I could still play around with colors and brightness a bit..

I was actually thinking of making dry season variants, with fewer leaves and a more brownish color. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sundiata said:

Let's pretend we're coming out of the rainy season :) (the grasses have already dried up, but there's still enough water deep in the ground to keep the trees green)

But yeah, I could still play around with colors and brightness a bit..

I was actually thinking of making dry season variants, with fewer leaves and a more brownish color. 

Might want to add some variation to the color still, cause it's looking a bit uniform right now but keep it up :)

• Like 1

Wow :o Really nice bamboo (y) 

Makes me wish we had a "wow" reaction rather than "just" a like or thanks :) (It's possible to add new reactions, but you need to have a fitting image, and finding one that fits the current ones and is legal to use is probably more work than it would be worth as the current ones are useful enough.)

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, feneur said:

Makes me wish we had a "wow" reaction rather than "just" a like or thanks :) (It's possible to add new reactions, but you need to have a fitting image, and finding one that fits the current ones and is legal to use is probably more work than it would be worth as the current ones are useful enough.)

I've always wanted a heart shaped red "love" button, and a blue thumbs up "like" button, to add some necessary nuance (being able to properly react to LordGood's posts) 

CC0:

1152346433_LikebuttonCC0.png.971751688056e7b82a692679ae10c77c.png1540332266_LovebuttonCC0.png.11a6ce6a2a8bba4993977a1b387f513b.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/20/2019 at 8:53 PM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I think the game needs a few more species of palm trees too.

well gee i sure don't we have 6 already. 3 of those are date palms.

but I do find the prospect of making more palm trees appealing

My list?

Spoiler

Wild Date

Betel

Doum

Palmyra

Coconut

Buri

and the one i like the prospect of the best, Nipa palms. mangrove palms