3 ideas for game setup

faction02

A few ideas that could be interesting to add in game setup:

1 - option of choosing players locations/leaving it random (could help to balance games with players of different levels, for example when you have a team with 2 strong and 2 weak players against 4 medium. It could also make some civs more interesting to play but most of all, we could make sure Pudim is on border duty);

2 - option to choose mines average density on the map (it could make some civ more interesting to play in team game)

3 - option to allow for Wonder or not (in some game we might want it not to be forbidden to limit lag)

4 - color customized differently for each players (I am player 2 I can set player3 to green, and player3 can set player 2 as green if he want

Good or not ?

Edited by faction02
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, elexis said:

Arbitrary colors have the problem that they might become indistinguishable.

18 minutes ago, (-_-) said:

Yes, diplo colors should also stick to the classic color palette.

I don't think @faction02was suggesting arbitrary/different colors, but that each player can assign any (existing player) color individually.

On 2/24/2019 at 7:54 PM, faction02 said:

4 - color customized differently for each players (I am player 2 I can set player3 to green, and player3 can set player 2 as green if he want

3 hours ago, Gurken Khan said:

I don't think @faction02was suggesting arbitrary/different colors, but that each player can assign any (existing player) color individually.

Yes, exactly. The only disadvantage that I see might be for communication since all players might not choose to allocate the existing colors in the same way. Maybe with a default allocation of colors (for example the one chosen by the host) that could be solved if desired/usefull. 

This way all players could have their favorite color (chosen among the existing one) as seen from their own perspective and the host wouldn't have to care about this anymore. Fears of the black player 's sneaky attack would be gone

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...