===[COMMITTED]=== Horse Update 2.0 (Retexture)

Alexandermb

4 minutes ago, Alexandermb said:

A call to modders!

HORSE UPDATE IS IN!

i'll be glad to help modders to fix cavalry actors in order to keep in sync your mod version to SVN 24. let me know if need help, actors will be broken since all cavalry were replaced to a new mesh, and replaced textures actors lines for a simplified version of variants.

OMG... lol haha.

@wowgetoffyourcellphone

@borg-

Stan must be aware, i guess.

@Stan`

@Nescio

@Trinketos

@Bigtiger

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

OMG... lol haha.

Stan must be aware, i guess.

Yes, he have to committ the files, since the blackout in my country i coulnd't commit and have always Http 408 request timeout

To clarify how the horse textures are now: Horses were used to have different texture per rank, now the actor just change the rider and other visual assets (blankets or armors) don't see any reason why a horse change skins like a snake each time he promotes. I wish it could be a way to make horse keep the initial or basic version texture through rank in case in the future we find a way to make horses remain and infantry dismount. That way Horse is just a "Mount" in game therms instead of a full unit version.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Alexandermb said:

To clarify how the horse textures are now: Horses were used to have different texture per rank, now the actor just change the rider and other visual assets (blankets or armors) don't see any reason why a horse change skins like a snake each time he promotes. I wish it could be a way to make horse keep the initial or basic version texture through rank in case in the future we find a way to make horses remain and infantry dismount. That way Horse is just a "Mount" in game therms instead of a full unit version.

This sounds sensible. Perhaps a similar approach should be applied to the other mounts as well, to benefit from simplicity and a greater variety of skin textures?

• donkey (brit, gaul, iber trader)
  • dromedary camel (cart, pers, ptol trader; ptol archer; kush javelnist)
  • Indian elephant (maur support, archer, champion; pers mercenary; sele champion)
  • North African elephant (cart, kush, ptol champions)

Just a suggestion, I don't know, I'm not familiar with the art assets.

• Like 1

Just now, Nescio said:

This sounds sensible. Perhaps a similar approach should be applied to the other mounts as well, to benefit from simplicity and a greater variety of skin textures?

• donkey (brit, gaul, iber trader)
  • dromedary camel (cart, pers, ptol trader; ptol archer; kush javelnist)
  • Indian elephant (maur support, archer, champion; pers mercenary; sele champion)
  • North African elephant (cart, kush, ptol champions)

Just a suggestion, I don't know, I'm not familiar with the art assets.

Could be, i can say that my variants and blender knowledge today is not the same from two years ago from what i recall started to update the cavalry really outdated since the beginning of the game.

That includes knowledge of Vertex distribution for a proper animation, Armature bones placemente for a better transition, Constraits etc. But most important Sculpting high poly and procedural skin shader for bake a higher amount of textures.

If the camel is take back to this days it looks gorgeous because its a texture from wikimedia commons with CC.30 baked in a low poly. Well now im working with High poly sculpting to low poly wich makes everything easier when its already sculpted something i couldn't and never have done back in those two years so that shows a better road to the process of updating OR adding new fauna to the game.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

I'm sorry, but to me it looks like gravity is pulling differently on the mane and the tail; already when the horse is standing, but even more when the horse is rising:

Mane don't have bones, i know its a thing nowadays to have fluid hair but mane is more a paint over the neck rather than a individual properly rigged hair with gravity physics.

Too much high end gaming for a RTS :P.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Alexandermb said:

A call to modders!

HORSE UPDATE IS IN!

i'll be glad to help modders to fix cavalry actors in order to keep in sync your mod version to SVN 24. let me know if need help, actors will be broken since all cavalry were replaced to a new mesh, and replaced textures actors lines for a simplified version of variants.

Good update. I have nearly 3000 lines of errors* in interestinglog.html, but good update nonetheless. 

Spoiler

Some of these are errors with core game files, not with Delenda Est. For example:

ERROR: Failed to build prop model "props/horse/cav_rein_swordsman_shield.xml" on actor "hero_cavalry_swordsman_vercingetorix_m"

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 1

Yeah, there are still errors, I will help @Alexandermb to fix them

Missing file 'art/actors/props/horse/cav_rein_swordsman_shield.xml' referenced by: 'public/art/actors/units/gauls/hero_cavalry_swordsman_vercingetorix_m.xml'
Missing file 'art/animation/biped/rider/cavalry/attack_shield_stab.dae' referenced by: 'public/art/variants/biped/attack_slaughter_spear_shield_cavalry.xml', 'public/art/variants/biped/attack_slaughter_spear_shield_cavalry.xml'
Missing file 'art/animation/biped/rider/cavalry/attack_stab.dae' referenced by: 'public/art/variants/biped/attack_slaughter_spear_cavalry.xml', 'public/art/variants/biped/attack_slaughter_spear_cavalry.xml'
Missing file 'art/animation/biped/rider/cavalry/gather_meat.dae' referenced by: 'public/art/variants/biped/rider/gather_meat.xml'
Missing file 'art/animation/biped/rider/cavalry/idle_2hand_spear_relax.dae' referenced by: 'public/art/variants/biped/base_cavalry_spearman_ready_reverse.xml'
Missing file 'art/animation/biped/rider/cavalry/idle_shieldsmall_ready.dae' referenced by: 'public/art/variants/biped/base_cavalry_spearman_ready_shieldsmall.xml'
Missing file 'art/animation/biped/rider/cavalry/walk_2_hand_spear_relax.dae' referenced by: 'public/art/variants/biped/base_cavalry_spearman_ready_reverse.xml'
Missing file 'art/animation/biped/rider/cavalry/walk_shieldsmall_ready.dae' referenced by: 'public/art/variants/biped/base_cavalry_spearman_ready_shieldsmall.xml'
Missing file 'art/meshes/props/horse/kush_straps.dae' referenced by: 'public/art/variants/quadraped/props/straps_kush_02.xml', 'public/art/variants/quadraped/props/straps_kush_03.xml', 'public/art/variants/quadraped/props/straps_kush_base.xml'
Missing file 'art/meshes/props/horse/kush_straps_head.dae' referenced by: 'public/art/variants/quadraped/props/straps_kush_head.xml'
Missing file 'art/meshes/props/horse_back_armor.dae' referenced by: 'public/art/variants/quadraped/props/back_armor_base_bronze.xml', 'public/art/variants/quadraped/props/back_armor_base_iron.xml'
Missing file 'art/meshes/props/horse_back_blanket.dae' referenced by: 'public/art/variants/quadraped/props/back_blanket_base.xml'
Missing file 'art/meshes/props/horse_blanket_short.dae' referenced by: 'public/art/variants/quadraped/props/blanket_celt.xml'
Missing file 'art/textures/skins/skeletal/horse.dds' referenced by: 'public/art/actors/props/structures/carthaginians/farmstead_horse.xml'
Missing file 'art/textures/skins/skeletal/horse_celt_boudicca_a.dds' referenced by: 'public/art/actors/units/britons/hero_chariot_javelinist_boudicca_h1.xml'
Missing file 'art/textures/skins/skeletal/horse_celt_boudicca_b.dds' referenced by: 'public/art/actors/units/britons/hero_chariot_javelinist_boudicca_h2.xml'
Missing file 'art/variants/biped/base_cavalry_swordsman_shield_ready.xml' referenced by: 'public/art/actors/units/britons/hero_cavalry_swordsman_cunobelin_r.xml'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Good update. I have nearly 3000 lines of errors* in interestinglog.html, but good update nonetheless.

Life is simpler when modifying a stable version (e.g. A23) or not changing anything in the art/ folder :)

On 5/10/2019 at 1:25 AM, wackyserious said:

@Alexandermb Was the horse armor mesh with linked frontal area a part of the commit? If so, I could recreate the peytral textures in the following days

Sorry i missed this post, wasn't committed. Its only the frontal area what you need or the full mesh? for reduce the amount of vertex if its necessary.

• 1 month later...

i like horse update very much. But some cavalry units have not reins like Ptolemaic and Carthagains. It would be nice champion cavalry horses have head crest like seleucid heavy armored horses, perhaps without feathers. Crest only.

screenshot0001_ergebnis_ergebnis.jpg.b1b843b06fec4606cf67ea57a63df10e.jpg

• Thanks 1