borg-'s mod

Stockfish

Hey guys, new version 1.0.2 is available to donwload. It is also available directly from MOD.IO.

Due to some major issues, I had to put a new version 1.0.2. Sorry about that.

Changelog V 1.0.2:  

Fixed techs;

Fixed loot of sword cavalry;

Fixed attack of elephant archer;

Techs CC reduced search time;

New unit cavalry scout for iber. Fast movement, fast attack, low damage, low price, bonus against support, fast hunt, low armour, can not be promoted;

New building spikes. Protect your soldiers, can be building only on neutral territory, low hp, fast build, low price.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changelog V 1.0.1: 

New units status base;

Better units balance;

Palisades/walls/houses balanced;

New techs;

Fixed all techs with +1 dmg for %;

Fixed legionnaire on barracks;

Elephant archer mov speed fixed;

Slaves can be healed;

Priests balanced;

Bolts balanced;

Mace can build stoa;

Advanced and Elite rank only give 10% health;

Swordsmen infantry/cavalry no more bonuses, but better status;

Javelins infantry/cavalry less dmg, but better bonus and range;

Slings infantry less dmg, but better bonus;

Spear cavalry better bonus;

and other little things.

I need all possible feedback, thank you!!!

Version 1.0.2 is already doing well and soon we will have a lot of new stuff.

Not yet compatible with fgod mod.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is with great satisfaction that I present to you guys my mod Expansion Pack.

It's been a long time since the game turned into spam with the same drives, no strategy, no big decisions or anything.
Many players are complaining about this and we players feel abandoned in this part of development. Small changes are made, but they do not help much.
I know that at the present stage of development this may not be of great importance, but I disagree with that.
I am the older player in the lobby and the more experienced as well, and I know that 0a.d can offer much more dynamic and fun games than the current gameplay offerings.
So, alone, i decided to make the necessary changes to achieve that goal.
Talking with @elexis, the main goal was to create a counter system that worked. But for this to work properly I would need to change many things, so I decided to create a new base for the units / constructions.
I created a solid and harmonic status base for hp / armor / attack / speedmov / loot / cost, etc ...
Created a basis, all current and subsequent work becomes much easier to work with.

The base system and counter was ready, I could have finished the mod, but decided to go a little further.
So I implemented new units, technologies, buildings, civ bonus/unit bonus, auras etc.., all based on historical context. (I was careful not to change the root gameplay of 0a.d, all the features are the same.)
All the techonolgias, bonuses and auras already exist have been remodeled.
I also updated the technology tree, so you can see all the changes there.

I have as main objective that this patch / mod is implemented to the a24, if this is the desire of the majority.

COUNTER SYSTEM:

I had two options for counter system, to do by unit or by status, I preferred by status, because it is simpler for novice players to understand.

So this is basically it:

Archers ( Archery Cavalry/Elephant too) bonus vs Melee infantry;

Slingers/Javelin bonus (Javelin Cavalry too) bonus vs Archers (includes Archery Cavalry/Elephant);

Spearmen (Spearmen Cavalry too) bonus vs all Cavalry/Elephant;

Pikemen bonus vs all Cavalry/Elephant;

Swordmen bonus vs Spearmen and Pikemen;

Swordmen Cavalry bonus vs Support;

War Elephant bonus vs Buildings/Cavalry;

Special units:

Kushites Champion Axemen bonus vs Heros and Champions;

Mauryan Champion Macemen bonus vs Buildings;

Iberian Champion Javelin Cavalry bonus vs  Archers (includes Archery Cavalry/Elephant) and Buldings.

All heroes and champions have the same bonus.

It is important all feedback on balance / counter system, for future balancing.

(Do not judge balancing based on what you know in a23)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GENERAL CHANGES:

As I said earlier, there have been many changes made, I will put here only the most important ones.

Civil centre can only train women (athen can train slave too);

All civilizations have Archery Range, Stables, Elephant Stables and Workshop;

Champions are units a little stronger than citizens, but cost and train much faster than a23;

All mercenaries cost only metal;

Animation of promotion are desable;

Hero can only be training once.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is only the first version of the mod, and we have a very solid base, and this is fantastic.

In the next version I want to work on all the auras of the relics, add new civilization (Chinese), new unique units, competitive maps, technologies, bonus, etc. For this to happen, I need everyone's feedback.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We did some tests and the games are much more fun now, you can choose different strategies and the battles are much more intense.

It's been 6 weeks of hard work, and most people do not know how difficult, stressful and time-consuming it is. I hope everyone likes it.

Tnx all!!!

So that I could finish the mod successfully I had the help of many people who took a little of their time to help me, tnx so much.
Feldfeld;
Moders Angen/Stan/bb_
valihrant;
Stockfish;
elexis;
Special thanks to wowgetoffyourcellphone and all staff who worked on the mod Dalenda Est.

If you have any doubts on how to install the mod: https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Modding_Guide

Out of that, i must say that is a very good mod, that increase the equiality of civs, units, siege, ...

I recomend to all of you to try it :)

Could be possible that a torunament is coming ??

Only time knows ^^

Greetings all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...