Help with Atlas Map Editor

coworotel

9 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

Did you touch the UI in some way ? Looks like some of your changes broke it. 

Hi, thanks for the answer. I tried closing it and doing it again, but the same problem happens. Here is what I did:

Open Atlas, maximize the window, placed some brit slingers for player 1 and player 2, set number of players to 2, set both players to britons, clicked in play on simulation test. That's all.

Edited by coworotel

59 minutes ago, Nescio said:

That reminds me, I also have an issue with Atlas, albeit a different one: it uses only a quarter of the available space:91643280_Screenshotfrom2019-02-0718-36-43.thumb.png.4dbac4590f395cb392404243f31f5d0b.png

which is quite annoying. Any suggestions on how to solve it? I don't recall having this problem in A22.

I have no idea what could causes this maybe bad driver initialization. Maybe @vladislavbelov or @wraitii would know.

1 hour ago, Nescio said:

That reminds me, I also have an issue with Atlas, albeit a different one: it uses only a quarter of the available space:

Spoiler

91643280_Screenshotfrom2019-02-0718-36-43.thumb.png.4dbac4590f395cb392404243f31f5d0b.png

which is quite annoying. Any suggestions on how to solve it? I don't recall having this problem in A22.

Could you post your system details (OS, its version, CPU, GPU, etc)? Did you compile the Atlas or you use the packaged one? Which version of wxWidget do you have?

From first look it seems that it's a problem with wxWidget.

On 2/7/2019 at 8:31 PM, vladislavbelov said:

Could you post your system details (OS, its version, CPU, GPU, etc)? Did you compile the Atlas or you use the packaged one? Which version of wxWidget do you have?

Fedora 29. I installed and updated the 0 A.D. stable (version 0.0.23b-1.fc29) via the default software centre. How does one check wxWidgets?

And no, I'm not using any mods.

Edited by Nescio
ce

6 minutes ago, nani said:

Is fgod mod. Disable for atlas and problem solved. 

That was it! I didn't know the mods affected Atlas. I disabled the mod, launched Atlas, the problem was still happening... I had to disable the mod, save configuration, then launch Atlas - then it worked! Thanks! :D

• Haha 1

On 2/7/2019 at 8:31 PM, vladislavbelov said:

The packages as listed at build instructions are up to date:

Spoiler

[b@p50 ~]$ sudo dnf install gcc-c++ python subversion zip cmake patch boost-devel libcurl-devel enet-devel libpng-devel libsodium-devel libvorbis-devel libxml2-devel openal-soft-devel pkgconfig SDL2-devel wxGTK3-devel gloox-devel libicu-devel miniupnpc-devel nspr-devel php-cli php-xml
Last metadata expiration check: 0:29:05 ago on mer 13 feb 2019 09:41:43 CET.
Package gcc-c++-8.2.1-6.fc29.x86_64 is already installed.
Package python-unversioned-command-2.7.15-11.fc29.noarch is already installed.
Package subversion-1.11.1-1.fc29.x86_64 is already installed.
Package zip-3.0-23.fc29.x86_64 is already installed.
Package cmake-3.12.1-1.fc29.x86_64 is already installed.
Package patch-2.7.6-8.fc29.x86_64 is already installed.
Package boost-devel-1.66.0-14.fc29.x86_64 is already installed.
Package libcurl-devel-7.61.1-7.fc29.x86_64 is already installed.
Package enet-devel-1.3.13-10.fc29.x86_64 is already installed.
Package libpng-devel-2:1.6.34-6.fc29.x86_64 is already installed.
Package libsodium-devel-1.0.17-1.fc29.x86_64 is already installed.
Package libvorbis-devel-1:1.3.6-3.fc29.x86_64 is already installed.
Package libxml2-devel-2.9.8-5.fc29.x86_64 is already installed.
Package openal-soft-devel-1.18.2-6.fc29.x86_64 is already installed.
Package pkgconf-pkg-config-1.5.3-2.fc29.x86_64 is already installed.
Package SDL2-devel-2.0.9-1.fc29.x86_64 is already installed.
Package wxGTK3-devel-3.0.4-4.fc29.x86_64 is already installed.
Package gloox-devel-1:1.0.14-8.fc29.x86_64 is already installed.
Package libicu-devel-62.1-3.fc29.x86_64 is already installed.
Package miniupnpc-devel-2.0-10.fc29.x86_64 is already installed.
Package nspr-devel-4.20.0-1.fc29.x86_64 is already installed.
Package php-cli-7.2.14-1.fc29.x86_64 is already installed.
Package php-xml-7.2.14-1.fc29.x86_64 is already installed.
Dependencies resolved.
Nothing to do.
Complete!

Any suggestions on how to have Atlas use the full area, instead of only a quarter?

~/.config/0ad/logs/system_info.txt

Edited by Nescio
system_info.txt
  • Like 1

Some other random questions, is it possible in Atlas to:

• control units when simulating inside Atlas?
  • show health bars of the units?
  • place the starting positions of the civs in a skirmish map, without using specific structures (for example, I can put a Athenian and a Persian CC, but how to just say "the civs start here" and then let the players choose?)
Edited by coworotel

On 2/14/2019 at 9:08 AM, coworotel said:

control units when simulating inside Atlas?

Switch the cursor in toolbar

show health bars of the units?

Tab doesn't work because hotkeys are different but you will see them when overing if you use the other cursor.

place the starting positions of the civs in a skirmish map, without using specific structures (for example, I can put a Athenian and a Persian CC, but how to just say "the civs start here" and then let the players choose?)

Use buildings tagged skirmish. They will be replaced when loading the map in game.

On 2/13/2019 at 10:14 AM, Nescio said:

Any suggestions on how to have Atlas use the full area, instead of only a quarter?

@vladislavbelov might help you debug it, but I think it has something to do with you using Mesa Drivers.

• Thanks 1

On Linux there are two types of drivers Open Source, and Proprietary. Usually the open source are fine if you don't need a lot of horse power. but sometimes you have to install the proprietary drivers because your hardware isn't supported (usually when its too new)

What I don't understand is why only Atlas causes problems; running the game or other software doesn't have graphical issues. Besides, Atlas worked as it ought to be in the past (A22). Furthermore, I frequently update to the newest software (I think I started with Fedora 23 on this machine; now it's Fedora 29) and newer software is more likely to support newer hardware, and vice versa, isn't it?

3 minutes ago, Nescio said:

What I don't understand is why only Atlas causes problems; running the game or other software doesn't have graphical issues. Besides, Atlas worked as it ought to be in the past (A22). Furthermore, I frequently update to the newest software (I think I started with Fedora 23 on this machine; now it's Fedora 29) and newer software is more likely to support newer hardware, and vice versa, isn't it?

Atlas uses wxwidgets to do its ui rendering unlike the game which uses something so it might be that you are using a too recent version of it 3.04 I don't know. Does the fedora29 compiled game has issue ?

6 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

Atlas uses wxwidgets to do its ui rendering unlike the game which uses something so it might be that you are using a too recent version of it 3.04 I don't know. Does the fedora29 compiled game has issue ?

So the problem possibly is my software is too recent? And yes, the 0ad version I'm using is the official package provided by Fedora (0ad-0.0.23b-1.fc29.x86_64). I also tried re-installing it (`sudo dnf remove 0ad*` followed by `sudo dnf install 0ad`), but the problem remains the same.

5 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

@vladislavbelov might help you debug it, but I think it has something to do with you using Mesa Drivers.

Yes, it's true, but it requires time.

On 2/13/2019 at 12:14 PM, Nescio said:

I could suggest to install another version of wxWidgets.

• 1 month later...