Sign in to follow this  
nsg3

Modding on Linux Ubuntu

I'm using Linux Ubuntu 18.

I want to do some modeling and texture changing, to begin with anyway. I'll be using Blender.

I cannot find the regular files to save my life.

my mod folder is Home/.local/share/0ad/mods. I have the public folder within, but there are no files in it. I have working mods installed to my mods directory. The tutorial is telling me to look in binaries/data. I don't have a folder named binaries/data anywhere on my cpu. Since my mods work I am assuming I am in the right location, but I dunno.

Is there a resource some where that contains all of the files that can be modded, but are not tied to your installation? Kind of like a back up of your original files?

I guess I'm looking for public.zip I just found that in the tutorial, but for some reason I didn't get public.zip with my install

@nsg3 You will find public.zip where it is actually installed on Linux systems in the system files not your home directory /usr/games/0ad/mods/public/public.zip and a reminder that you can not change any file there without elevated privileges ie: sudo so it's terminal time unless your distro has the option of "Open as root" with your file browser this is an option that is usually turned off by default ;)

Enjoy the Choice :)  

1 hour ago, Loki1950 said:

@nsg3 You will find public.zip where it is actually installed on Linux systems in the system files not your home directory /usr/games/0ad/mods/public/public.zip and a reminder that you can not change any file there without elevated privileges ie: sudo so it's terminal time unless your distro has the option of "Open as root" with your file browser this is an option that is usually turned off by default ;)

Enjoy the Choice :)  

I guess you mean /usr/share/games/0ad/mods/public/public.zip

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, nsg3 said:

I'm using Linux Ubuntu 18.

I want to do some modeling and texture changing, to begin with anyway. I'll be using Blender.

I cannot find the regular files to save my life.

my mod folder is Home/.local/share/0ad/mods. I have the public folder within, but there are no files in it. I have working mods installed to my mods directory. The tutorial is telling me to look in binaries/data. I don't have a folder named binaries/data anywhere on my cpu. Since my mods work I am assuming I am in the right location, but I dunno.

Is there a resource some where that contains all of the files that can be modded, but are not tied to your installation? Kind of like a back up of your original files?

welcome also do not forget to look at https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Modding_Guide and https://github.com/0ADMods  for its usual structure