Wildfire Games is participating in FOSDEM!

Itms

This year again, 0 A.D. will be at FOSDEM, in Brussels, this weekend! FOSDEM is “a free event for software developers to meet, share ideas and collaborate”. It attracts thousands of people and we hope to make 0 A.D. known to all of them.

We are going in full force to the 2019 edition. bb, Itms, implodedok, plumo and vladislavbelov will be present at our stand, level of building K. We will have a lot of goodies for you! Additionally, vladislavbelov will give the closing talk of the Graphics devroom on Saturday afternoon, and Itms will give a lightning talk on Sunday around noon. Don't hesitate to see other talks, but do save these slots in your personal schedule!

If you cannot, unfortunately, make it to the event, live broadcasts and video recordings of the talks will be made available by the FOSDEM organizers. We will also share some photos of our booth on social media. Here's to an awesome weekend!

Goodies await!

- Goodies await!

• Like 7

Is the video going to be posted on the 0 A.D. Youtube channel? I think it is a very good presentation of the game for those who don't know it. (The FOSDEM website is very slow for video streaming.)

How many people were there attending the presentation?

Edited by coworotel

52 minutes ago, coworotel said:

Is the video going to be posted on the 0 A.D. Youtube channel? I think it is a very good presentation of the game for those who don't know it. (The FOSDEM website is very slow for video streaming.)

How many people were there attending the presentation?

https://gra.mirror.cyberbits.eu/fosdem/2019/H.2215/0ad_rts.mp4

and

https://fosdem.org/2019/schedule/event/0ad_graphics/   there is still no video of him @Itms @vladislavbelov

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vladislavbelov said:

Thank you for your feedback! One of few means that I'm not alone :) I'd glad to hear more detailed presentation's fails from you. Anyway I'll try to improve it!

Would have been nice to get more in depth with code examples, preferably ugly code :) Also nice picture of computer graphics, such as your lightning gif :D Would have made the presentation more captivating. I'm glad you took part of it though, it's a big leap of faith.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

Would have been nice to get more in depth with code examples, preferably ugly code :) Also nice picture of computer graphics, such as your lightning gif :D Would have made the presentation more captivating. I'm glad you took part of it though, it's a big leap of faith.

You're absolutely right! I concentrated on the feedback results and politeness to our players and forgot about some entertainment, because we're the game. Thank you!

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, vladislavbelov said:

You're absolutely right! I concentrated on the feedback results and politeness to our players and forgot about some entertainment, because we're the game. Thank you!

That is a good attitude this way next time you come across a crowd of people you will be more confident and prepared, do not forget that we are constantly learning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, to be fair, it would probably have sounded a lot better in French. I actually thought it was an interesting insight into some of the bottlenecks, that non-programmers like myself have difficulty understanding. Thanks @vladislavbelov. By the way, I never saw this video from Capitole du Libre before... Of course I liked the part where you talk about Kush :P :thumbup: I liked @stanislas69 part as well.

Awkward video thumbnail...  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sundiata said:

Well, to be fair, it would probably have sounded a lot better in French. I actually thought it was an interesting insight into some of the bottlenecks, that non-programmers like myself have difficulty understanding. Thanks @vladislavbelov. By the way, I never saw this video from Capitole du Libre before... Of course I liked the part where you talk about Kush :P :thumbup: I liked @stanislas69 part as well.

Well it's recent (November) I hope to be giving more talks in the future. I'm thinking about something like what like to be an artist or maybe the management behind it. Could also make a presentation about a workflow.

And yeah the front image sucks.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sundiata said:

Nice video thumbnail XD

That was a great presentation, well structured and covering all the important aspects in a short time. Proofs were shown that the game is easily moddable. I can't see how showing source code would make it any better. I don't agree with any of the negative criticism, to me it was just a great job.

@vladislavbelov ty for the presentation. I wouldn't say the presentation was good but I understand that it can be hard. Given that I also don't consider myself stellar at giving presentations I always try to use the slides/video at maximum and make the audience focus at them and not me as they will convey better what I'm trying to say (less talk -> less screw ups). Just my two cents. ^_^