Help for a begginer

BardockSSJL

Hello there.

I recently found about this game on YouTube and decided to give it a try. But I haven't figured out how the game should actually be played or what civilization to start with. I don't find the economy in this game intuitive at all. I haven't been able to find any guides either. Does someone have any tips for a begginer? How many villgers should you créate at the start of the game? How many soldiers? What's an optimal distribution for resource extraction? How many villagers should I use to build? etc.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BardockSSJL said:

Hello there.

I recently found about this game on YouTube and decided to give it a try. But I haven't figured out how the game should actually be played or what civilization to start with. I don't find the economy in this game intuitive at all. I haven't been able to find any guides either. Does someone have any tips for a begginer? How many villgers should you créate at the start of the game? How many soldiers? What's an optimal distribution for resource extraction? How many villagers should I use to build? etc.

Welcome to the forums and you may look at other posts here about guides or directly look at youtube at guys who play 0ad  they do have some tips https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpT-xlJcSRE  or at others who made eg. civ overview or other guides.

• Like 1

@BardockSSJLEvery answer to each of your questions could begin with 'It depends on...' (civ/map/type of game/enemies).

You might want to set the enemy AI to 'very easy' and reduce the game speed.

To give you an idea on how to start, here's what I usually do:

- set civ and map to random

- send my 1st cav scouting, produce 3 more to scout the whole map; that's an expensive luxury, but I can afford that against very easy AI. :P

- send two females to berries

- send 1 female and 1 melee soldier to build a storehouse, other melee unit to build a house next to it; have all 3 chop the same tree afterward (women inspire men to work faster)

- send the last female and my 2 ranged soldiers to cut wood at the CC

- immediately research the 1st wood-cutting tech when the storehouse is up/I have 200 wood

- produce another 6 women ASAP to gather food

- produce as many women as possible to cut wood

- when I have wood coming in sufficiently, I send my two ranged units and their cheerleader to start building towers; depending on the urgency I might make a few more ranged units to help. Sometimes they also build houses in between, sometimes I have 1 or 2 women do that.

- when the berries run low, I build a farmstead and have 2 women build 2 fields, so when the berries are out I ideally have 2 fully loaded fields (with the 8 women from the berries) and the first farming tech already researched. When there are more berries in my territory I build another farmstead and research wicker baskets first.

- build barracks when I can afford them

- research baskets when I can afford it

Typically I have ~30 units gather wood and 30-35 women farming (6-7 fields) when I phase up. In P2 I try to get the gathering techs for wood and food first, then start mass producing soldiers for stone and metal gathering (+ cheerleaders) and get the other gathering techs. Make more women for food and wood as needed. And of course pesky neighbors can interrupt all those plans... ;)

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...